• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

This is my soon to be 7 year old sons room. I know its a horrible pic but the way the lighting is in his room, this was the best i could do.

He basically picks out moderns that he thinks have cool covers and i put them into showcase sealers(i think thats what they were called) that i used to hang books on my wall with 20 years ago. I also usually let him pick out 1 CGC book from each Comiclink auction that he thinks looks cool and isnt too expensive.

darrensroom.jpg

Very cool. I'm doing this with my stepson - his real dad doesn't do much with him and he's really gotten into comics. Thanks to Silent-Master for my little guys' first CGC 9.8 too!! Now he's got that bug...ugggg...more money to spend!!

lol

Tell me about it! :eek:

1st off, my son is the ULTIMATE HG snob! He's always been a perfectionist with everything so any book he gets he wants to be practically flawless. No matter how many times i try to explain to him that a book(especially SA) doesnt have to be a 9.8, he still wants book as HG as possible.

2nd, he has EXPENSIVE taste! When we go thru the Clink auctions together, he somehow always thinks the most expensive books are "cool". It's always a 9.6 FF 25, a 9.6 TTA 93 or some other crazy expensive book! He'll point out a book that he wants me to get him that i know will end up at like 5k and i'll be like "Ummmm, NO WAY DUDE!!! Pick again!" lol

This is my soon to be 7 year old sons room. I know its a horrible pic but the way the lighting is in his room, this was the best i could do.

He basically picks out moderns that he thinks have cool covers and i put them into showcase sealers(i think thats what they were called) that i used to hang books on my wall with 20 years ago. I also usually let him pick out 1 CGC book from each Comiclink auction that he thinks looks cool and isnt too expensive.

darrensroom.jpg

Very cool. I'm doing this with my stepson - his real dad doesn't do much with him and he's really gotten into comics. Thanks to Silent-Master for my little guys' first CGC 9.8 too!! Now he's got that bug...ugggg...more money to spend!!

:applause: (think he would like a GI Joe: Special Missions #2 CGC 9.4SS - signed by Hama and Trimpe??? - I'd be glad to give it to him if he wants it!)

I think he (and I) would be thrilled. I sent you a pm sir.

Darren though will talk all day about them. He LOVES collecting and talking comics!

This EXACT scenario takes place about 4 times a week in my house. My 9 year old daughter Ashley will walk by and hear Darren and I talking about comic books....

Ashley- "losers!"

Darren- "shut up Ashley! Daddy's the comic book king not a loser! Right daddy?"

Me- "right!"

Ashley- "losers!!!"

Darren- "shut up Ashley! Daddy has a x-men1! YOU don't have a x-men1 so shut up!

Ashley- "Oh my god!" and rolls her eyes and walks away

Women seem genetically inclined that way. The only interests most think are worth pursuing have to do with relationships, mating, raising children etc. That's their singleminded focus in life.

(shrug)

Darren though will talk all day about them. He LOVES collecting and talking comics!

This EXACT scenario takes place about 4 times a week in my house. My 9 year old daughter Ashley will walk by and hear Darren and I talking about comic books....

Ashley- "losers!"

Me- "right!"

Ashley- "losers!!!"

Darren- "shut up Ashley! Daddy has a x-men1! YOU don't have a x-men1 so shut up!

Women seem genetically inclined that way. The only interests most think are worth pursuing have to do with relationships, mating, raising children etc. That's their singleminded focus in life.

(shrug)

^They can be so selfish!! Considering we do all the hard work when it comes to procreating...
HEY!!!

I'm a woman,and I don't act like that :sumo:

Don't make me go "berserker rage" on your :censored:

Ashley- "losers!"

Me- "right!"

Ashley- "losers!!!"

(shrug)

Women are not single minded.

They can think about shoes AND handbags. Also their ability to multi-task allows them to do this simultaneously.

Ashley- "losers!"

Me- "right!"

Ashley- "losers!!!"

(shrug)

Women are not single minded.

They can think about shoes AND handbags. Also their ability to multi-task allows them to do this simultaneously.

:slapfight:

You know, there's a cool comic book rack, framed issues of Jim Lee Batman, original Darwyn Cooke art from New Frontier behind the rack, and the first thing you guys notice is the box of tissues.

You've been here 2 1/2 years and you're still surprised that most of us are retarded and our minds are in the gutter?!? lol

That is a SWEET rack though! (hopefully, you're a guy or i'll be getting a 1 week vacation under the new rules :eek: )

You know, there's a cool comic book rack, framed issues of Jim Lee Batman, original Darwyn Cooke art from New Frontier behind the rack, and the first thing you guys notice is the box of tissues.

Tissue and a tape measure... :eek:

Tissue and a tape measure... :eek:

Haha!