• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

As some of u know we moved back to Il. We built our dream house, the house I will buy the farm in. It has been tough with 3 year old and a now a 10 month to get everything all done and situated.

But alas I'm finally done with my Den. On the blue prints, it was first labeled as the "cherry study," due to all the built-ins, coffered ceiling, my Great Grandfather's Roll Top, windows, etc - are all cherry wood. But soon our Contractor realized when I gave him particular measurements to showcase CGC slabs, needed museum quality leds to display them and cabinets solely to store comic boxes - it was than relabeled as the "comic room."

Now it is referred to as the "comic den" or "turkey room" (I'm an avid turkey hunter and NWTF Life Member. I have completed two World Slams [five subspecies and the Ocellated turkey] and over a dozen Grand Slams [the four species found in the US]

(for the antis out there, any bird I didn't mount, was indeed eaten or donated to food pantries)

Excuse some of the graininess with some of the pics, a lot are just from my phone.

IMG_2712.jpg

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

Thank-you guys very, very much. :foryou: A lot of late night hours after the Munchkins go night-night getting it put together.

As for the turkey's, no hard feelings, needless to say I'm from a long line of hunting and fishing aficionados and I understand many are not.

I'm so acclimated to taxidermy, but I do forewarn people prior to entering. To me taxidermy, are memories (of the setting, the quest, the encounter and the people you were sharing the experience with) remembrance - admiration and overall respect of the animal/bird/fish that was harvested. And taxidermy is art and truly a work of art.

(so I take it the elephant head in the great room would really be unsettling to you)

Whoops forgot to add one.

All of the cabinets are all ready almost filled. Besides the two middle ones which are files.

boxes.jpg

Lordy, what a room. Awesome. Love the slabs on display. (thumbs u

Edited by Waylander