• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,318 posts in this topic

IMG_2716.jpg

Lotta money on that top shelf. (not to mention the shelf itself) Such a cool room

Whats that urn? I mean I know what it is but where is it from?

It is a beautiful room. I saw the Indian artifacts as well and was wondering the same thing because of the Antiquities Act of 1906.

For the LOT OF YOU!! :foryou:

WOW!!! Upon scoping out if anymore Boardies happened to take a gander at my den - I was floored!

And I must say I :blush: quite a bit upon reading all of the unbelievably amiable compliments all of you have bestowed about my sanctuary.

You all made me feel officially :whee:

Thank-you ALL so very, very much for putting such a perma-grin on my face!!. :acclaim:

Glad you all approve (or at least did not voice any negative things) and were not too offended or TOO weirded out about my turkeys. :applause:

(if there are not too many Boardies who are offended by taxidermy, won't write me hate PMs, or think of me as a mean animal killer/comic reader - I have some interesting, more exotic mounts up on the walls and on the ground - that one would not be accustomed to seeing that often)

boostergold: I'm glad to hear you are an admirer of JQ!! As you can, see that show is one of my all time favorites!! Wildey broke the mold with his creation!! I'm a big fan of his artwork too!!

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

steveinthecity: Thank-you!! (thumbs u

Actually, the room was built around the desk. It was too big for where I wanted it in my old house so it just sat in a room for 10 years. So upon designing the room with the architect, it finally allowed me to have my coveted Great Grandfather's roll-top indeed be the focal point. :cloud9:

In fact the coffered ceiling was purposely off center (can't really tell unless you know to look for it) along with the kinda out of place small window to accommodate the desk's dimensions and proportions to the room.

(I had to have a window there, I made the arch. add it because it faces east and I love my mornings, my coffee and watching the sun rise and creatures coming about or fading away for their slumber time. I planted a separate special small clover food plot in view of that window, just so I would have more of a guarantee to see some deer hurry chowing down, to duck into the uber dense thicket I planted it next to. (its a prime bedding area)

Apotheosis: You have exquisite taste!! :headbang:

My Wife and I are HUGE Goonies fans. Imho, this MB game is one of the more rare and coveted Goonie collector items out there, especially in a condition of just "very minor shelfwear." That game and my JQ Transogram, are very, very prized possessions of mine.

photo2-1.jpg

DevilsRain: It is actually a canteen. The two things protruding out are handles with a small hole through them. The Native Americans would tie leather/sinew/grass/or a form of rope to transport water from their water source down in a valley or gulley up to their caves or pueblos in or on the mountains. Where they would pour it into one of the many tall water pots/vases they had in their dwellings to store their water. (seed containers look very similar to these canteens)

The canteen is dated from 1000-1150. It was a hybrid of three tribes, due to the style, structure and markings. The tribes were: Anasazi, Mimbres and Zuni. This was what we learned via text and than confirmed by Professors of Native American Art/Studies and Archeology at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque. (whom we happily allowed to do diggings and research with their students on the Ranch throughout the years)

I found it up in those mountains in a cave in the late 1990s pictured below. This was on our Ranch we owned. It was on a quasi shelf (a fairly flat rock outcropping about 2 yards long and about 18 inches off the rock floor) amongst centuries of pack rat mess and their nests. Not too mention tumbleweeds from God knows when and petrified bear and mountain lion mess.

(Pretty much every cave or deep overhang on the place contained that and the telltale sign of soot on the ceiling) There appeared to to be other containers, storage pots and cooking pots - but they were at the very least broken into thirds.

Our Ranch was located near Datil & Socorro, NM. One tip of it butted up to the Very Large Array actually. It was called the Double H Ranch and prior to my Father's passing in 2002, he donated it to the RMEF. It was and maybe still is "the largest endowment presented to a conservation group ever." (The Ranch was 135,000 acres)

Wikipedia

Outdoor Life

RMEF

BrianR: You bring up a very valid point. But the Act you're speaking of pertains to artifacts that are found on Federal, State or Public Lands. Since I found this on our Ranch, which was obviously privately owned - it is legal. Furthermore, I found it above ground, meaning I did not have to disturb soil, i.e., dig or excavate to obtain it. (I just prayed my respirator didn't die on me that day or it was, find a helleva neat intact artifact....but contract hantavirus in the process — lol!!!)

IMG_2723-2.jpg

IMG_2723-3.jpg

gcwatson94: The shell is from a Hawksbill Turtle. Which are considered one of the most, or possibly the most beautiful sea turtles in the World. This is due to their exquisite looking shells. Ensuing, they were classified as "Endangered" since 1970 under CITES. (Google it you'll find a lot about the Japanese decimating them in the 50s and 60s and than about the Tortoise Shell Trade) Around maybe 1995ish their status was updated to "Critically Endangered" by the IUCN.

I hope I answered all of your questions, cause my fingers are starting to cramp!! lol! Again, thank-you fellow Boardies for such kind praise!!! :foryou:

I will leave you with this pic the Wifey took of my eldest son Brody and I from last week. Full tummies, shower, cozy chair, fireplace glowing and three "Cars" books, have the perfect makings for a lot of watching your eyelids!!

IMG_2615.jpg

I hope I answered all of your questions, cause my fingers are starting to cramp!! lol! Again, thank-you fellow Boardies for such kind praise!!! :foryou:

You forgot one

What safe are your Groo books in, and what is the combination? Just wondering.

:eek:

DevilsRain: It is actually a canteen. The two things protruding out are handles with a small hole through them. The Native Americans would tie leather/sinew/grass/or a form of rope to transport water from their water source down in a valley or gulley up to their caves or pueblos in or on the mountains. Where they would pour it into one of the many tall water pots/vases they had in their dwellings to store their water. (seed containers look very similar to these canteens)

The canteen is dated from 1000-1150. It was a hybrid of three tribes, due to the style, structure and markings. The tribes were: Anasazi, Mimbres and Zuni. This was what we learned via text and than confirmed by Professors of Native American Art/Studies and Archeology at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque. (whom we happily allowed to do diggings and research with their students on the Ranch throughout the years)

I found it up in those mountains in a cave in the late 1990s pictured below. This was on our Ranch we owned. It was on a quasi shelf (a fairly flat rock outcropping about 2 yards long and about 18 inches off the rock floor) amongst centuries of pack rat mess and their nests. Not too mention tumbleweeds from God knows when and petrified bear and mountain lion mess.

(Pretty much every cave or deep overhang on the place contained that and the telltale sign of soot on the ceiling) There appeared to to be other containers, storage pots and cooking pots - but they were at the very least broken into thirds.

Our Ranch was located near Datil & Socorro, NM. One tip of it butted up to the Very Large Array actually. It was called the Double H Ranch and prior to my Father's passing in 2002, he donated it to the RMEF. It was and maybe still is "the largest endowment presented to a conservation group ever." (The Ranch was 135,000 acres)

Wikipedia

Outdoor Life

RMEF

Fantastic. I have a wall unit, no where near the size of yours but it has similar artifacts from around the world. Thats why I asked. Really cool, and like most of us here I hope to one day have a room like yours!