• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,314 posts in this topic

My low grade mega key wall is nearly complete. I am just planning on swapping the ST 110, with a FF 1, which is being graded. The final spot is for AF 15 (just purchased).

DSC06295.jpg

I want a JIM 83 and Hulk 1, but there's no room for those. :lol:

My low grade mega key wall is nearly complete. I am just planning on swapping the ST 110, with a FF 1, which is being graded. The final spot is for AF 15 (just purchased).

DSC06295.jpg

Very NICE :applause:

DSC06295.jpg

(worship)

I've been enjoying all these awesome rooms people have been posting so wanted to post my work in progress.

IMG_20120229_221431.jpg

These are not quite the before as over the past month or so it has gone from spare room with single bed and junk in it to a computer/comic room with lots of other junk in it.

IMG_20120229_221451.jpg

The three long boxes have all my comics in them and the other boxes (copier paper boxes) have all my dad's old comics in them.

IMG_20120229_221500.jpg

IMG_20120229_221510.jpg

I'm looking forward to sorting out my dad's comics into bags and boards and having a read of them as I go, unfortunately I think the majority of them are Marvel UK reprints.

IMG_20120229_221531.jpg

As you can see they've not been kept bagged and boarded just batches of them in bags.

IMG_20120229_221547.jpg

I am first of all entering all of them into the Colectorz app I just brought, then I'll have an idea how many of what type of bag/board I'll need and then I'll be looking for ideas of what sort of boxes/storage solution to use.

What ever I choose it'll probably go where all this pile of washing and some buried boxes of comics are now :

IMG_20120229_221644.jpg

I'll post as things evolve. :)

Whoops forgot to add one.

All of the cabinets are all ready almost filled. Besides the two middle ones which are files.

boxes.jpg

Very classy with all the nice cherry wood and built-ins. I live in a closet, thus all my books and collectibles are housed in climate controlled storage. I'm jealous of all these rooms. (thumbs u

DSC06295.jpg

(worship)

Low grade Schmo grade!! You have 10 more MEGA keys than I do - very cool display!!

Whoops forgot to add one.

All of the cabinets are all ready almost filled. Besides the two middle ones which are files.

boxes.jpg

Very classy with all the nice cherry wood and built-ins. I live in a closet, thus all my books and collectibles are housed in climate controlled storage. I'm jealous of all these rooms. (thumbs u

Thank-you kindly!! Hey look at this way......dusting this room is a biatch!!

Glad some of you got a kick out of the hyena and my Son.

(I was hoping to hear a shout of from Silent Master with my GI Joe tatted son!!)

This weekend I will post a good amount of some taxidermy pics in the house. Hope no Boardies are offended.

(all are 100% legal {transported, registered and documented via the requirements stated under CITIES and other other necessary Game Laws} and harvested as humanely as possible. Not to mention NO meat was wasted - believe me)

Nor any of you mind that my comic room pics have branched out to some house pics.

Best,

Eric

I've been enjoying all these awesome rooms people have been posting so wanted to post my work in progress.

IMG_20120229_221431.jpg

These are not quite the before as over the past month or so it has gone from spare room with single bed and junk in it to a computer/comic room with lots of other junk in it.

IMG_20120229_221451.jpg

The three long boxes have all my comics in them and the other boxes (copier paper boxes) have all my dad's old comics in them.

IMG_20120229_221500.jpg

IMG_20120229_221510.jpg

I'm looking forward to sorting out my dad's comics into bags and boards and having a read of them as I go, unfortunately I think the majority of them are Marvel UK reprints.

IMG_20120229_221531.jpg

As you can see they've not been kept bagged and boarded just batches of them in bags.

IMG_20120229_221547.jpg

I am first of all entering all of them into the Colectorz app I just brought, then I'll have an idea how many of what type of bag/board I'll need and then I'll be looking for ideas of what sort of boxes/storage solution to use.

What ever I choose it'll probably go where all this pile of washing and some buried boxes of comics are now :

IMG_20120229_221644.jpg

I'll post as things evolve. :)

Firstly, Welcome to the Boards,

I think a lot of collectors have been in your position - looking forward to seeing the room as you get organised - good luck.

(thumbs u

doh!

+1

I didn't even see that was your first post. Welcome to the Boards!! :hi:

My comic room was years in the planning and than almost a year to organize and complete. Don't fret, should be enjoyable organizing and shrinererizing your funny books and such.

It was easier in a sense for me, yet tediously/annoyingly difficult. Since my den/comic room.....house is the the last place I'll live. Man if way down the road I could kick the bucket sitting in my den or gunroom, I'd leave this life a happy soul!! :cloud9:

(Odds are the kids will throw me in the nursing home quicker than buzzards on a gut wagon once they see or hear the first signs of senility!! meh )

Best of luck to you.

There's tons of room. Just move the DCs and you can keep the ST110, work in the two big boys, and still have room for a Tales To Astonish 27!

DSC06295.jpg

Love it! Just what I hope to have.

Thank you for the welcome guys, technically this too is my first post as having only just registered the server maintenance wiped me out as a user and I've had to re-register. (shrug)

Also has anyone else noticed this page (406) doesn't seem to exist? hm

Anyway, I only have one of my long boxes left to enter into my database, I think my plan is to then buy some short boxes and some bags and boards for the ones that dont have them already and sort all my comics into them.

How do you guys organise your boxes? I was thinking of having boxes numbered MINE#1,MINE#2 etc and having all my comics in alphabetical order across them regardless of publisher etc. Then when I sort my dads have DADS#1,DADS#2 etc with his comics sorted alphabetically across them. That being said I think he has a more different sized books than I do so I may have to have boxes for the larger magazine size and then some for the regular silver age size.

Have been looking at the price of bags and boards for the larger sizes too...eep! :o With having just gotten married in November and a two week trip stateside booked for September I'll be buying in bags and boards gradually methinks. :)

There's room. Find a new home for the DCs, and you can keep the ST110, put in the 2 big boys, add the Hulk and the JIM83, and still work in a TTA27!

:baiting: