• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,316 posts in this topic

Wow, what a gorgeous room. I would be honored to just go into it to have a look around. Very nice presentation of your books.

Are those safes bolted down? If not you might want to think about doing that. Small safes that can be picked up/ moved with aa dolley are just a grab bag for crooks to take all your valuables in one go. I'm not criticizing, just looking out for you. I had a friend who kept all his valuables/ cash in a safe in his closet and it got stolen. It was the only thing that got stolen so it was probably someone he knew but it made it very easy for the guy to take all his valuables quickly.

Awesome room!!!!!

Erich; that is an awesome room with a ton of great collectibles/memorabilia... :applause:

(maybe not the Eagle/Phillies stuff so much, but the rest is really sweet) :devil:

Congrats on an excellent refurb...

If I ever get off my azz, I'll try to include my Man Cave in here one day.

That is a superb room sir! I would go for something along those lines myself.

Vintage week for this thread, good work all :applause:

You can say that again - I only visit every so often and in the last month there have been 3 of the best rooms, ever...IMHO... :insane:

There's currently a comics room on display in the Silver forum.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5458831#Post5458831

Actually, it was that precise post that got me to visit back here. Those repainted filing cabinets kick butt... :applause:

I said the same thing...I'm totally gonna steal that idea when I get my room together. Brilliant!

Erich; that is an awesome room with a ton of great collectibles/memorabilia... :applause:

(maybe not the Eagle/Phillies stuff so much, but the rest is really sweet) :devil:

Thank you. (thumbs u

PM me when you get your room done so I can take a look at the pics.

Thank you. (thumbs u

Oh, it's been done for 2 years now. The goal was to finish it in time for my Annual NCAA Final Four Party in April 2010. Been having one for at least the last 32 years...

I just need to break out the camera, transfer the pics to my laptop, run them up on PhotoBucket and post them here. (said that way it sounds like a good excuse for not having done so yet...) :grin: Besides I have to get the 20 boxes of comics off the pool Table.

It's actually a ManCave with 7 separate areas. The themes are Movies, Spirits (the potable kind), Music, Sports and COMICS.

Thank you. (thumbs u

Oh, it's been done for 2 years now. The goal was to finish it in time for my Annual NCAA Final Four Party in April 2010. Been having one for at least the last 32 years...

I just need to break out the camera, transfer the pics to my laptop, run them up on PhotoBucket and post them here. (said that way it sounds like a good excuse for not having done so yet...) :grin: Besides I have to get the 20 boxes of comics off the pool Table.

It's actually a ManCave with 7 separate areas. The themes are Movies, Spirits (the potable kind), Music, Sports and COMICS.

We will patiently wait for the pictures. :sumo:

Poster: JerseyComicBoy

Subject: Re: Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!

Originally Posted By: Burntboy

Originally Posted By: steveinthecity

There's currently a comics room on display in the Silver forum.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5458831#Post5458831

Actually, it was that precise post that got me to visit back here. Those repainted filing cabinets kick butt...

I said the same thing...I'm totally gonna steal that idea when I get my room together. Brilliant!

Thanks for the complements on the cabinets and room. I really appreciate that.

Right now I'm painting the next cabinet for all my Batman comics. I don't like to display comic for fear of fading. Comics that you see framed on my walls are actually copies of actual books I own. I get a lot of people that like them too. I've been told they look like actual books in frames. But the cabinets really are the eye catcher. Gotten some pretty famous people that have seen them and they all have told me they look great. I may be doing some for a couple of celebs. Again thanks for the complements.

icculus308win - Amazing Room (worship) I love the Payton rookie card and the Goonies game. :) Looks like you have built an amazing house. I would love to see more pictures of your house if you wouldn't mind posting some.

Thank-you Sir for the kind remarks!!

I'm not joking when I say, my Goonies game is honestly - such a prized possession to me!! I'm glad others appreciate it.

At some point in the near future I'll post some of the taxidermy.

I'm away right now, but off my phone here are two cute/funny ones of our eldest son prior to moving in and just moving in.

(My Brother-in-law was helping out that day keeping him occupied, while the Wife and I were starting to open some boxes and such. As you can see, they found some GI Joe tattoos in one of Daddy's boxes and he figured why not!!)

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg