• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

I moved both my display cases next to each other. Just a little re-org in the comic room

updatecomicroom.jpg

These cases are awesome! Too bad the nearest Ikea is over an hour away from me, and I doubt the box would fit in my car. I thought about buying a couple over their website, but Ikea charges more to ship these than they are charging for the display case itself. Maybe I'll rent a pick-up truck one day and pick up 2 or 3.

You can buy them on eBa for $159 shipped for free. You can't beat that deal. These suckers weigh 90 lbs!

These are just awesome. I really need to get one of these so I can load them up with goodness. :cloud9:

Did someone figure out which light from IKEA works on the top of these?

Thanks!

Sorry, pictures aren't too good. Room has no windows, dark & cool........

comicroom1.jpg

comicroom5.jpg

comicroom2.jpg

Good Stuff!! :applause:

Lots of interesting items there, but the one that caught my eye was the "Batman and Robin Society" button.

Why? I've got a couple myself :shy:

Quick question ('cos I am too lazy to do the research) - are all the books on the spinner rack from the same date?

I was going to say Welcome To The Boards (thumbs u , but less than ten posts in nearly three years?

C'mon - you are just not trying lol

The lights that work on the detolfs are the actual ikea lights sold for them. They sell them in 4 packs for like $30.00 or something. I have 1 installed now, still need to install the others.

The lights that work on the detolfs are the actual ikea lights sold for them. They sell them in 4 packs for like $30.00 or something. I have 1 installed now, still need to install the others.

You wouldn't happen to have a link would you? :wishluck:

When I went and bought mine, the guy working that section wasn't even sure they sold the lights for them much less where they would be :pullhair:

.. do Slab-Pro's come in a Clear/Translucent finish, or are they just Black? I do like the look of them in Black (yours look GREAT), but I think my decor would suit a Clear finish.

They don't come in clear form, but come in the CGC colors, blue universal, yellow signature series, purple restored, and black because its cool, I use it for keys.

They also sell UV protectors, but they don't fit well and get annoying.

You wouldn't happen to have a link would you? :wishluck:

When I went and bought mine, the guy working that section wasn't even sure they sold the lights for them much less where they would be :pullhair:

Yeah I searched online and couldn't find them either....I would love to finish these cases off just right....

My room is a mess, but I cleared enough to take this pic of one of my Ikeas with the light on.

This is my DC one, the other is for my Marvels. I dont have the room for more of these, so im going to put up shelves for the rest.

20120616_192029.jpg

My room is a mess, but I cleared enough to take this pic of one of my Ikeas with the light on.

This is my DC one, the other is for my Marvels. I dont have the room for more of these, so im going to put up shelves for the rest.

20120616_192029.jpg

That is freaking awesome man! ( even though they are DC! :sick:lol)

What kind of statues are those? I WISH I could do that with mine but most of the Bowens I have won't fit on the Detolf shelves so I can't put them in it :sorry: That's the ONLY thing I don't like about the Detolfs is that the shelves aren't adjustable. I wish I could adjust them so there are just 3 shelves instead of 4 and then could fit almost all of my Bowen statues in there instead of on my bookcase. Seeing that dang pic now REALLY makes me wish you could adjust them even more because that looks sweet as hell with all the statues in there! (worship)

Not to mention how much better it looks with the light you have which no one at my ikea can't seem to figure out where or if they even sell them!!! :frustrated:

Love those DC statues! I wanted to get the light for my "Detolf" but I don't like how there's no way to hide the cord.

Yeah, I was just thinking that as well. Since its al glass, there's just no possible way to hide it. I guess though if you run it right down the back edge though, it will minimize how much it shows just a little (shrug)

It's a little annoying but I'd rather have the light from how good it looks in that pic even if the cord does show a little.

The top 2 shelves are the Justice League animated series, and the 3rd are The Super Friends '70's style, cant find the Wonder Woman to that set, I know I have it somewhere lol

I really need to get to work on this room.

And your right, it would be awesome if the selves were more ajustable.

Love those DC statues! I wanted to get the light for my "Detolf" but I don't like how there's no way to hide the cord.

Yeah, I was just thinking that as well. Since its al glass, there's just no possible way to hide it. I guess though if you run it right down the back edge though, it will minimize how much it shows just a little (shrug)

It's a little annoying but I'd rather have the light from how good it looks in that pic even if the cord does show a little.

That would be the best way, I need to do that.