• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

Not to mention the sunlight fading some of the goodies.

Great start to a great room though. I ove those book cases!

That door is actually Inside the house so no sunlight comes in thru there and no one can see in From the outside window(Shades and a bookshelf blocking it). All my neighbors on both side for like 7-8 houses down have been broken into in the last 5 years or so except for us. We have a 150lb Greater Swiss Mountain dog that FREAKS if anyone comes near a door or window. You'd have to be a VERY brave soul to attempt a break in at our house with him barking his head off at you!

Any burglar steps inside our house and I'll be scooping up chunks of him our Swissie out for a week!!! :devil::o (thumbs u

i would break into your house just to play with that big beautiful dog. i miss having big dogs :( my wife is a small dog person and while i love our rat terrier to death, i will always love bigger dogs. growing up my family raised and trained rottweilers. my dream is to own a grizzly bear, but ill settle for a caucasian shepherd :)

I moved both my display cases next to each other. Just a little re-org in the comic room

updatecomicroom.jpg

That looks very cool :applause:

but how many times have you stubbed your finger reaching for that light switch :shy:

I have the light in my defolt, look at the picture i posted. Its in the one with the SW8. I didnt get around to doing the other just yet.

The locks I bought online from a website. They require notching a small slit out in the wood. I have 4 locks. I'll be doing 2 per case (top and Bottom). I have the locks there because i host a lot of parties and cant always watch over the room and I allow people to look at my stuff.

Has anyone placed a light in their Defolt?

:popcorn:

I'm curious as well. I have two of these shelves.

I have 3 of them lit using the Dioder puck lights also from Ikea. They also make the Dioders in light strips too. Here's an old pic I have of a statue lit by them, reminds me that I should take new pics of how I've reorganized the room now. Here you go.

DSCF0225.jpg

Has anyone placed a light in their Defolt?

:popcorn:

I'm curious as well. I have two of these shelves.

I have 3 of them lit using the Dioder puck lights also from Ikea. They also make the Dioders in light strips too. Here's an old pic I have of a statue lit by them, reminds me that I should take new pics of how I've reorganized the room now. Here you go.

DSCF0225.jpg

That statue is awesome :applause:

who is it by?

The statue is nice. However, the Punisher has no chance against Wolverine with only a knife. We are witnessing the last moments of a man's life here. Very sad.

i love that aswell, but i fear for the Alligator

I moved both my display cases next to each other. Just a little re-org in the comic room

updatecomicroom.jpg

These cases are awesome! Too bad the nearest Ikea is over an hour away from me, and I doubt the box would fit in my car. I thought about buying a couple over their website, but Ikea charges more to ship these than they are charging for the display case itself. Maybe I'll rent a pick-up truck one day and pick up 2 or 3.

updatecomicroom.jpg

These cases are awesome! Too bad the nearest Ikea is over an hour away from me, and I doubt the box would fit in my car. I thought about buying a couple over their website, but Ikea charges more to ship these than they are charging for the display case itself. Maybe I'll rent a pick-up truck one day and pick up 2 or 3.

I was able to fit 2detolf boxes in my 2007 Honda accord.