• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

And finally, slab storage... Waiting on 80 mylars to protect these buggers.

2b222e58.jpg

:o I didnt know they slabbed books that thick! :o

I've seen some TPBs slabbed, but those were much thinner (like 120-160 pages). That international Spidey 252 is THICK!

It is indeed! I was super surprised when I got it back, especially after Paul Litch flat out told me he wouldn't take it because it was too thick. lol

You know, I tried slabbing that a couple of years back, and I was DENIED....I will attempt once more, and say.."there's already one slabbed out there.." hm

And finally, slab storage... Waiting on 80 mylars to protect these buggers.

2b222e58.jpg

Very cool room, your displays are great :applause:

+1 (worship)

Might wanna run the vacuum in there though buddy :baiting:

lol

It is indeed! I was super surprised when I got it back, especially after Paul Litch flat out told me he wouldn't take it because it was too thick. lol

You know, I tried slabbing that a couple of years back, and I was DENIED....I will attempt once more, and say.."there's already one slabbed out there.." hm

lol Well It is VERY thick so I understand their hesitation. It's not even properly secured because of its weight so it moves around a bit but it's a versatile book so I'm not worried. You should get this one done (thumbs u

I moved both my display cases next to each other. Just a little re-org in the comic room

updatecomicroom.jpg

These cases are awesome! Too bad the nearest Ikea is over an hour away from me, and I doubt the box would fit in my car. I thought about buying a couple over their website, but Ikea charges more to ship these than they are charging for the display case itself. Maybe I'll rent a pick-up truck one day and pick up 2 or 3.

You can buy them on eBa for $159 shipped for free. You can't beat that deal. These suckers weigh 90 lbs!

These are just awesome. I really need to get one of these so I can load them up with goodness. :cloud9:

Agreed about the vaccum! lol Those are all from the comic box scratches my cat has left... I promise the floor is fine apart from that ;)

Very cool displays Liam. I'm loving how diverse your collection is. :applause:

I moved both my display cases next to each other. Just a little re-org in the comic room

updatecomicroom.jpg

These cases are awesome! Too bad the nearest Ikea is over an hour away from me, and I doubt the box would fit in my car. I thought about buying a couple over their website, but Ikea charges more to ship these than they are charging for the display case itself. Maybe I'll rent a pick-up truck one day and pick up 2 or 3.

You can buy them on eBa for $159 shipped for free. You can't beat that deal. These suckers weigh 90 lbs!

These are just awesome. I really need to get one of these so I can load them up with goodness. :cloud9:

They are pretty awesome! My only complaints are that the shelves arent adjustable and its just a tad too narrow so you cant fit 2 slabs on 1 shelf unless you put them at angles. Other than that, its AWESOME!

I got mine a few weeks ago and have been loading it up. I cant put it where it needs to be though until after the 4th of July since i have cases and cases and cases and cases of fireworks at that end of the room behind where it is now :devil:

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

case5.jpg

case6.jpg

updatecomicroom.jpg

They are pretty awesome! My only complaints are that the shelves arent adjustable and its just a tad too narrow so you cant fit 2 slabs on 1 shelf unless you put them at angles. Other than that, its AWESOME!

I got mine a few weeks ago and have been loading it up. I cant put it where it needs to be though until after the 4th of July since i have cases and cases and cases and cases of fireworks at that end of the room behind where it is now :devil:

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

case5.jpg

case6.jpg

Nice (thumbs u

Most of my house got friend by lightning last week so i dont have tv in the house and was bored as hell all weekend. So, i finally got ALL my comic stuff in order and got all my books out of the bathrooms, comic boxes and god knows where else they were and got them all organized. Once the 4th is over and i get rid of all the fireworks taking up half the room, i can finally get it all finished.

so far though, the bookshelves and slabs are all in order and its almost looking like a comic room! :cloud9:

case1.jpg

case9.jpg

case10.jpg

case14.jpg

case13.jpg

case11.jpg

case12.jpg

case7.jpg

case8.jpg

imstand.jpg

case2.jpg

updatecomicroom.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

case5.jpg

case6.jpg

updatecomicroom.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

case5.jpg

case6.jpg

thanos looks like he wants to hug death

Most of my house got friend by lightning last week so i dont have tv in the house and was bored as hell all weekend. So, i finally got ALL my comic stuff in order and got all my books out of the bathrooms, comic boxes and god knows where else they were and got them all organized. Once the 4th is over and i get rid of all the fireworks taking up half the room, i can finally get it all finished.

so far though, the bookshelves and slabs are all in order and its almost looking like a comic room! :cloud9:

case1.jpg

case9.jpg

case10.jpg

case14.jpg

case13.jpg

case11.jpg

case12.jpg

case7.jpg

case8.jpg

imstand.jpg

case2.jpg

awesome comic room

My house was also affected by the lighning and it fried my receiver. No TV or anything in my home theater.

:(

Those lightning storms we had last Thursday and Friday night were INSANE!!! I've never seen anything like that, i was actually almost a little scared Thursday night. Oddly enough, my house didnt get hit during either of those wicked night storms. it got hit at like 5pm before the storm really started by just a random bolt i guess (shrug)

The worst part was it fried the wiring in most of my house so not only did a bunch of appliances and electronics get fried but now im having most of the dang house rewired! :censored: It sure was a fun weekend with no AC and 95 degree temps! :frustrated: