• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Church Brew Works! Yinz have good tastes n'at!

Ya, only a jagoff or a Ravens fan would drink a different beer :grin: I'm actually drinking out of that glass right now...bloody mary though :whee:

(thumbs u

Sweet !! And it looks like its down in the basement too.... if those stairs are any indication :applause:

Yep...the house has no history of flooding, but I made a point to keep all the books well off the floor and I have a decent dehumidifier to keep things dry (though it hardly ever runs) (thumbs u

I think due to it's complete mancaveness and collections, that room has moved into my top 5 all time showcase rooms - feel the love bro (worship)

Wow thanks! It's still a work in progress. My goal right now is to win enough shooting awards to have to move them from that tall bookcase and fill up that empty oak curio cabinet. bth_th97.gif The walls in the pool room are also begging for decoration.

Edited by krazy_kenny1

Ya, only a jagoff or a Ravens fan would drink a different beer :grin: I'm actually drinking out of that glass right now...bloody mary though :whee:

I grew up in the burgh. I've been to too many Donnie Iris concerts. Can't wait to hit up Jian Iggle.

I grew up in the burgh. I've been to too many Donnie Iris concerts. Can't wait to hit up Jian Iggle.

:roflmao: Jian Iggle for sum jumbo, sum pop, n'at?

The owner was featured on an early episode of Hollywood Treasures. The Action 6.5 was sold a few years ago, not sure about the other items.

The owner was featured on an early episode of Hollywood Treasures. The Action 6.5 was sold a few years ago, not sure about the other items.

The owner is the boards very own action1kid

I'm not sure what he still owns (most I would assume).... He did sell me the action 1, superman 1 and batman 1 over the years

The owner is the boards very own action1kid

I'm not sure what he still owns (most I would assume).... He did sell me the action 1, superman 1 and batman 1 over the years

I miss his posts.

I don't post as often on the boards anymore, but I have wanted to post in this thread for years. The only thing holding me back was that I did not have a room to use in the first place. That changed when we moved this past May to a home that had a fully finished basement and extra bedroom. With the blessing of my wonderful wife, I was able to convert the extra bedroom into my personal oasis. My next purchase will be a comfortable reading chair and lamp. It is hard for me to believe that I finally have a space where I can display some of the things that mean the most to me. I know that I will be posting a lot of photos, but please humor me. I have watched this thread for years, and am so happy that I can finally participate. I will describe many of the things that are in the photos, just think of it as a guided tour of my nerd domain. :)

Thanks for looking. I hope my fellow collectors approve.

This is entering the room.

IMG_1369_zpsb4031da3.jpg

Another angle.

IMG_1366_zpse4debf5a.jpg

IMG_1370_zpsb5bd8aac.jpg

My original John K. Snyder III Crime Suspenstories 22 homage piece.

IMG_1368_zps66c395b8.jpg

Top left corner of my main display. Han and TaunTaun, My original Marx Geronimo and horse from my childhood. Superman Soaky, Dracula puzzle from the 1970's, my original ESB Snowspeeder and Hoth Luke, Porky Pig red variant and Tennessee Tuxedo Soakies.

IMG_1371_zpsb4cf9c7b.jpg

Touche Turtle and Pixie, Dixie and Mr. Jinx Soakies. The bird and ceramic monkey are two of the first things that my wife and I ever bought together in the way of knick-knacks. McFarlane Toys Headless Horseman, a ceramic baseball player that my aunt made for me when I was young. He is supposed to be me.

IMG_1372_zpsac72fb99.jpg

12 inch Darth Maul, 1990 Cincinnati Reds World Series Champions Wheaties box, my original ESB Millennium Falcon and Hoth Han Solo.

IMG_1373_zps4d98ce1d.jpg

The various compartments of my main display.

IMG_1380_zpse3dba21f.jpg[/url]

The Sternako hc is signed, the Son of Origins is my original copy i got as a gift in the 70's, and the Superman 30-70's is my original, but it has some damage and I am missing the dustjacket.

IMG_1381_zpsfb39c4af.jpg

Soakies. Jiminy Cricket, Deputy Dawg, Garfield and Pooky, Tracy,The Squiddly Diddly is still full of bath powder, Porky Pig blue variant.

IMG_1382_zps545a5566.jpg

Hardbacks

IMG_1383_zpsa7f3c39d.jpg

The four kits on the left are all mint in the box examples, original issue from the early 1960's of Big Daddy Roth models. The Munster Koach is MIB, but the box is not as nice. The Paddy Wagon is sealed from 1968 and is a Tom Daniel design, the Rommel's Rod is another Daniel kit, and is the 1974 re-issue, also sealed. The Lil' Coffin is the 1970 re-issue, also sealed.

IMG_1389_zps676d559c.jpg

The kits on the left are all Aurora MIB kits. The Guillotine on top is the original 1964 Tussaud version. The Superman kit is the first box version. The Mummy is the first kit version. The kits on the right are all original issue kits, MIB from the 1960's-70's as well. The two on top are Big Daddy Roth monster kits, with the two Strange Change kits and Stanley Steamer underneath.

IMG_1390_zps4b7cb550.jpg

More Soakies. Alvin variant, Bugs, Tweety, Top Cat, Augie Doggie.

IMG_1391_zps7c98b842.jpg

Marvel's Famous Covers Villians.

IMG_1392_zpscb480a07.jpg

Soakies. Smokey, Donald, Muskie, Secret Squirrel, Elmer Fudd.

IMG_1393_zps1317cb99.jpg