• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Downstairs bedroom that I am in the process of turning into a comic room.

This is one corner that I've turned into my bagging and boxing station for the time being.

I will post more pics when the room is done.

photo1_zpsd4472235.jpg

Nice set up. I think I could probably have a lot more comics if I could store them on the ceiling like you do :insane:

This is one corner that I've turned into my bagging and boxing station for the time being.

photo1_zpsd4472235.jpg

Nice :applause:

and

bold above :popcorn:

photo1_zpsd4472235.jpg

Nice set up. I think I could probably have a lot more comics if I could store them on the ceiling like you do :insane:

You know if I'm looking at this on the ipad, it's upside down. When I'm on my pc, it looks correct. Weird.

I bought a new camera for the Long Beach Con coming up and I was just playing with it so I took some shots with it in my comic room. This room was just extra storage that was part of the garage when the house was built , two kids and 15 years later I needed more space so I closed the area in a put a door in. My man cave :grin:

DSCN0001.jpg

Couple of cover recreation

DSCN0003.jpg

Keepers , Peanuts and Junk Boxs

DSCN0005.jpg

Packing and Processing area with my small stand alone A/C unit I love that thing

DSCN0006.jpg

My wife wouldn't let me sheet rock the window over so I have it blacked out ;)

DSCN0007.jpg

The good stuff

DSCN0009.jpg

I bought a new camera for the Long Beach Con coming up and I was just playing with it so I took some shots with it in my comic room. This room was just extra storage that was part of the garage when the house was built , two kids and 15 years later I needed more space so I closed the area in a put a door in. My man cave :grin:

DSCN0001.jpg

Couple of cover recreation

DSCN0003.jpg

Keepers , Peanuts and Junk Boxs

DSCN0005.jpg

Packing and Processing area with my small stand alone A/C unit I love that thing

DSCN0006.jpg

My wife wouldn't let me sheet rock the window over so I have it blacked out ;)

DSCN0007.jpg

The good stuff

DSCN0009.jpg

Very cool Man-Cave :applause:

Very nice compact man cave. Those gray boxes look like the Acid free soft ones that I got from Bill Cole perhaps 20 years ago.

more boxes in the closet. prior to labor day weekend there were 33 long boxes and 5 bankers boxes that filled almost every square inch of floor space a couple of boxes high.

626_zps8a36fdd9.jpg

Staging area for sorting DC's

745_zps3700ba88.jpg

Staging area different view

747_zps4dcc6a0a.jpg

Yes sir Yes sir 5 boxes full DC's not even through B's Switched from old boxes to Drawer boxes. Waiting for shell in closet to be ready

751_zps9534ce4d.jpg

Closet empty again preparing for building Shells

1018_zpsa29f6d93.jpg

first couple of shell sets of 3 boxes built and ready

1029_zps9f3eb87b.jpg

Youngest daughter's closet after all 33 boxes moved in.

1035_zps57f8768d.jpg

First level of boxes. 9 wide. Not sure i ll end up with this configuration as I am only able to reach 2/3rds of the drawer contents and CANNOT load or remove the drawer from the back 5 of the 9 shells.

1040_zpsc469282d.jpg

Shelf. will eventually hold 13 Mag boxes. Might need extra reinforcement

1055_zpsb9055a94.jpg

entry way filled with shells

1078_zpse9c09a47.jpg

25 long shells and 7 Mag/CGC shells fitting in fairly nicely along with a few drawers

1084_zpseaaa0f88.jpg

filing up the closet with OLD marvel boxes.

1092_zps846051d6.jpg

I kept building drawers and stashing them away in closet. As long as there was room I filled it with parts so i would not have to build more for a while. Stashed another 15 drawers in empty spaces after this pic was taken

1096_zpsa91858d7.jpg

They are pretty high quality short boxes. Sturdier than your typical white comic box. There are a few different designs:

Cap

"Galactic Diner" - Galactus/SS

Loki

Harley Quinn

I have yet to see the HQ, since it has been sold out for some time:( I still need to pick up a couple of those.

where do you pick these boxes up?

thanks.

They are pretty high quality short boxes. Sturdier than your typical white comic box. There are a few different designs:

Cap

"Galactic Diner" - Galactus/SS

Loki

Harley Quinn

I have yet to see the HQ, since it has been sold out for some time:( I still need to pick up a couple of those.

where do you pick these boxes up?

thanks.

they are called boxes in action

Just moved into a new house and I came across a door that I didnt remember seeing in the walk thru.

BQnlSnS.jpg

Based on where it was situated I didnt think it could be a closet, but I tried to open the door...

It was locked....

Started digging thru the keys the landlord gave me

Ah a key! and it fits!

I9LwReH.jpgq2TWEo0.jpg

what the?!?!?

k8vmy5c.jpg

Oh Sweet Sweet Baby Jeebus!

vKQnoSF.jpg

Slap my butt and call me Chuck Rozanski!

7DUXcmF.jpg

Just kidding... I did move into a new house, and found this super shallow closet (it got consumed in a bathroom redo on the other side of the wall) but it's perfect for displaying slabs, and it all sits behind a closed (and lockable!) door, which is handy when you have a 5 year old running around.

LGReuIh.jpg

kiNzLzX.jpg