• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

Love that room. Wonderfully tasteful and inviting! Well done.

Agreed. That's one my wife may even approve of! Love the Halloween theme, the wood, and the rack in the corner...

Finally getting around to finishing up my comic/man room,

this is before

IMG_2267_zpsc304e0f6.jpg

IMG_2266_zps98c55af3.jpg

and still need some framing done but she is out of town for the week so ill be able to finish Hopefully.

I bought the comic holders of the recommendation from this thread. comiclock, they are nice and sturdy

this is where the old cabinets were. still need to add shelves

20140715_114800_zpsewrrrfnp.jpg

20140715_114808_zpssllk2fjw.jpg

Finally getting around to finishing up my comic/man room,

this is before

IMG_2267_zpsc304e0f6.jpg

IMG_2266_zps98c55af3.jpg

and still need some framing done but she is out of town for the week so ill be able to finish Hopefully.

I bought the comic holders of the recommendation from this thread. comiclock, they are nice and sturdy

this is where the old cabinets were. still need to add shelves

20140715_114800_zpsewrrrfnp.jpg

20140715_114808_zpssllk2fjw.jpg

Nice :applause:

I suppose this is as much a hang out space as it is a comic room, but the closest thing I have.

409791346.jpg

Heading in past "Pie Eaters"...

409791348.jpg

...and the comic rack.

409791347.jpg

Some of the art books... some comic artists, international artists, pop art and fine art. The spinner rack is full of whatever I happen to toss in it at any given time. I love having bunches of books in it to grab and read whenever I feel like.

Another Phil Hale painting on the wall. An enlarger camera and an old typewriter, a Madman ragdoll made by Mike's mom. A couple 3A toys.

409791349.jpg

409791352.jpg

409791351.jpg

Large pPhil Hale painting, one of my amps and some guitar cabs. The first bookcase filled with graphic novels, toys, cameras and nick nacks.

409791350.jpg

The sofa and another bookcase of graphic novels, more toys, art and photography. The turntable, records and whatnot. Plus more books mixed in there. And just out of shot, behind the white closet door, the ubiquitous white long boxes we all have.

It's a nice place to chill in.

...and anybody interested in more info about the art can find it here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=7723

I suppose this is as much a hang out space as it is a comic room, but the closest thing I have.

409791346.jpg

409791348.jpg

...and the comic rack.

409791347.jpg

Some of the art books... some comic artists, international artists, pop art and fine art. The spinner rack is full of whatever I happen to toss in it at any given time. I love having bunches of books in it to grab and read whenever I feel like.

Another Phil Hale painting on the wall. An enlarger camera and an old typewriter, a Madman ragdoll made by Mike's mom. A couple 3A toys.

409791349.jpg

409791352.jpg

409791351.jpg

Large pPhil Hale painting, one of my amps and some guitar cabs. The first bookcase filled with graphic novels, toys, cameras and nick nacks.

409791350.jpg

The sofa and another bookcase of graphic novels, more toys, art and photography. The turntable, records and whatnot. Plus more books mixed in there. And just out of shot, behind the white closet door, the ubiquitous white long boxes we all have.

Nice :applause:

409791346.jpg

409791348.jpg

...and the comic rack.

409791347.jpg

409791349.jpg

409791352.jpg

409791351.jpg

409791350.jpg

Now this is my kind of space. Arranged with an eye for design, neat, orderly, and still full of cool stuff. Well done!

409791346.jpg

409791348.jpg

...and the comic rack.

Nice room but I have to (thumbs u your selection of comics in the rack. It takes me back to when I enjoyed picking my favorite titles from the corner store spinners! :applause:

Very different from the normal Tele sound. Fatter, more of a Gibson & Fender mutt tonally, but fun to play on.

Thanks for the kind words.

Very cool. Do you play through that whole stack? Looks like a Marshall on the bottom. Neighbors must love you. Back on topic Nice comic display rack and room.

Nah, that's 2 smaller combo amps sitting on top of a Marshall style 212 speaker cab. I like small quirky amps more than the big burlier amp stacks. A lot of music was recorded on just such little amps in the studio, and then the big stacks would come out for the stadium tours.

I'm not likely to ever play any stadiums, so... ;)

I did have half stacks of a few amps at one time, but they were total overkill. Cranking them up and feeling the pushed speakers make tyour pants flap a little at the bottom is definitely something every guitarist should do at least once, but for most folks it is total overkill.

And I don't really speak to my neighbors so...

Sold a lot of gear for artwork and comics over the years. Finding the right balance in interests has been a lifelong thing. Thnaks for the kind words on the room, all. It's a really fun space to spend an afternoon in.