• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,299 posts in this topic

So many great rooms and ways to show off the funny books! This WAS my room/office in Stamford CT before we sold the house. Nowadays, not so grand...

Office-2_zpsaufds6pv.jpg

Office-3_zpsoyxtupqo.jpg

Office-4_zpscwe7h1je.jpg

Office-1_zpscxjetnc8.jpg

And then, upstairs, my son's bedroom had this, a being born gift (1996), courtesy of Uncle John Byrne:

JB_Mural-1_zps8dlp9npf.jpg

JB_Mural-2_zpsv2f9w6yw.jpg

So many great rooms and ways to show off the funny books! This WAS my room/office in Stamford CT before we sold the house. Nowadays, not so grand...

Office-2_zpsaufds6pv.jpg

Office-3_zpsoyxtupqo.jpg

Office-4_zpscwe7h1je.jpg

Office-1_zpscxjetnc8.jpg

And then, upstairs, my son's bedroom had this, a being born gift (1996), courtesy of Uncle John Byrne:

VERY NICE

Office-2_zpsaufds6pv.jpg

Office-3_zpsoyxtupqo.jpg

Office-4_zpscwe7h1je.jpg

Office-1_zpscxjetnc8.jpg

VERY NICE

+1 :headbang:

Office-2_zpsaufds6pv.jpg

Office-3_zpsoyxtupqo.jpg

Office-4_zpscwe7h1je.jpg

Office-1_zpscxjetnc8.jpg

Loving these rooms :luhv: lucky kid

He's doing his STAR TREK photonovels for IDW, commissions, and otherwise doing well.

That's good to hear. At one time (many years ago), I bought anything and everything he worked on and I couldn't imagine having him come over and paint superheros on my kids walls. Very nice.

Love those kids room paintings! Sad to think that they probably got painted over by the new owners if that was his old home! :sorry:

Here's hoping they didn't! :wishluck:

He's doing his STAR TREK photonovels for IDW, commissions, and otherwise doing well.

That's good to hear. At one time (many years ago), I bought anything and everything he worked on and I couldn't imagine having him come over and paint superheros on my kids walls. Very nice.

Love those kids room paintings! Sad to think that they probably got painted over by the new owners if that was his old home! :sorry:

Here's hoping they didn't! :wishluck:

+1 my first thought, cut the sheetrock out and replace it when you move please! :D Those are really incredible.

None, you should never use any lighting, curtains should always be closed with blinds, you should wander round in the dark and just imagine what your comics look like :D

Personally, mine are in the spare room which is rarely used apart form me, I just use standard lighting and keep the curtains closed to avoid any direct sunlight when I am not in there.

I think reference has been made previously to that amount of time that books spend on walls at conventions without too much issue.

I am sure someone with a better answer will be along shortly...

P.

Books should be stored in a dark environment (if possible). Incandescent lighting (regular bulbs) should be used and windows should be covered to minimize direct sunlight.

Fluorescent bulbs emit stronger UV rays and will degrade comics faster than regular incandescent lighting.

Edited by Waylander

Books should be stored in a dark environment (if possible). Incandescent lighting (regular bulbs) should be used and windows should be covered to minimize direct sunlight.

Fluorescent bulbs emit stronger UV rays and will degrade comics faster than regular incandescent lighting.

What about LEDs?

What about LEDs?

This is from an art displaying website:

Types of Light

LED Lights: LED lights are best for showcasing valuable artwork. They don’t give off heat, do not emit damaging ultraviolet rays or infrared light. LEDs cost more upfront, but they have a long lifespan and are energy efficient.

Incandescent Lights: Standard incandescent light bulbs create a warm color that brings out the yellows and reds in art while flattering the blues and greens.

Halogen Lights: Halogens cast the purest white light, making them ideal for illuminating most art. They do generate a lot of heat, however, and must be placed far enough away that the heat doesn't affect the artwork. If you are going to use halogen, consider placing a UV filter over the bulb.

Fluorescent Lights: Fluorescent lighting distorts the color of artwork, and the high level of ultraviolet rays emitted by fluorescent lights damages works of art by causing accelerated fading. Fluorescents are not recommended for lighting artwork.

Avoid putting artwork in direct sunlight, the ultraviolet rays can cause fading and discoloration.