• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,299 posts in this topic

P7300008_zpsjl51dn59.jpg

That thing hanging on that door, is that a large piece of dried up human skin ala buffalo bill from silence of the lambs?

Its a 'demon' backpiece from 'Buffy'.

There is a spandex suit on the flip side for the actor to wear. The hump would then 'protrude' out of his normal clothing. Made of heavy duty latex - kinda fun.

Thanks for all the kind words above - yes, it's a bit bright, but hey, comics and stuff aren't exactly monochrome!

Not nessicarily. For owner/private collections it's just easier to carry, move and go through. I know I still have part of my collection in 30 long boxes and some of them on the top shelves are a pain to move. Especially if they have 80's-90's books in them with that heavier paper stock. 2c

So I just finished re-finishing another piece of furniture. I'm not 100% sure I like it & I'm thinking about re-spraying the base shelf matte black to match the other shelves (and possibly the top but unlikely) because I think it would look better if the shelves & the base shelf match but leave the detail & the outer shell in the gloss candy red. Buuutttt... here we are as it stand:

IMG_1528_zps8jerkhnv.jpg

So I just finished re-finishing another piece of furniture. I'm not 100% sure I like it & I'm thinking about re-spraying the base shelf matte black to match the other shelves (and possibly the top but unlikely) because I think it would look better if the shelves & the base shelf match but leave the detail & the outer shell in the gloss candy red. Buuutttt... here we are as it stand:

IMG_1528_zps8jerkhnv.jpg

Looks good as it is (thumbs u

IMG_1528_zps8jerkhnv.jpg

Looks good as it is (thumbs u

I agree. The red bottom shelf works.

more of the whole house than a comic book room...

TAzl6a2.jpg

CixK3x2.jpg

U3KkkBd.jpg

djbxb8V.jpg

WOW!!

I see you have a different slant on decorating!!! :roflmao:

Now I know how to get divorced in a jiffy

Half of these are my Wifes... xD

And heres my Wifes Full wall... (Every Lady Mechanika book... lol)

4o1NBLG.jpg

Edited by Deadpool

This is making me feel a little better about it. Thanks guys. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to refinishing furniture.

That red and black looks simply sublime.

:cool:

Thank you! Yeah, I love that color mix. And since the whole room is semi-gloss red (2 walls & door/drawer-fronts on the wall of built-ins), matte black (1 wall & the frame of the built-ins) and an eggshell finish grey/silver (ceiling), I wanted the furniture to match the room. I couldn't find a red spray that matches EXACTLY the color on the walls, and for some reason, couldn't get the wall paint to adhere well to the primed wood (and couldn't get the wood to really like getting a decent coating of the primer to adhere either), I went for something close enough.

I still need to re-upholster the cushions of the couch to match the color theme for the room tho. And I've been looking for a red leather armchair as well as a reading chair.