• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

In don't have a copy of Captain Flight # 10 (w/Rock Raymond) to post, but here's a few other Captain covers for your entertainment.

captainaero_5.jpg

Great set of books tonight BZ. The one above is still my favorite of this batch. The coloring and the urgency make it a winner. Second would be the Captain Easy book. Great stuff and nice variety (thumbs u

Scrooge, MrBedrock has recommended that we all read Whiz 25 and Master 22 if we get the opportunity.

Any chance you could post scans of the Capt. Nazi stories from those issues?

I have those pages but the quality of the scans is just plain awful (esp. for Master 22)... I had those stories in the Shazam! archives I believe but I sold my set to Timulty a loooong while ago. Sorry.

Sorry for a late response, And I loaned out those archives to someone for them to read. Heck forgot all about it actually. hm

Its probably sacrilege to focus on condition, but I was curious if BZ could post what he considers his best conditioned pulp from the 30's or before as well as his best comic fromt pre 1940 and post 1940. Just curious, especially on those pulps, I find it incredible to shape those are in especially considering the overhang on them.

Sacrilege!! :baiting:

Meanwhile, here's a story filled with fun GA images from Military # 12. I might have posted another story from the Death Patrol but I don't recall posting this particular one and it's a doozy as they say. Scan quality is so-so but still enjoyable -

46754-M12-DP1.jpg.0a94af1b50aa5a0623e9384763fc0c3c.jpg

46755-M12-DP2.jpg.a212b75481ad1bcde30982fa748bf968.jpg

46756-M12-DP3.jpg.d6730be0dab9936025ba74aa71d2a85e.jpg

46757-M12-DP4.jpg.c20669665467c7b58bc5aaf17fdba914.jpg

46758-M12-DP5.jpg.b7ed8062971c998342cbf0da2639b2da.jpg

Its probably sacrilege to focus on condition, but I was curious if BZ could post what he considers his best conditioned pulp from the 30's or before as well as his best comic fromt pre 1940 and post 1940. Just curious, especially on those pulps, I find it incredible to shape those are in especially considering the overhang on them.

I have hundreds of pulps and comics that look like they've been plucked right off the newsstand. The Weird Tales pulps I posted last week are some examples.

weirdtales193212.jpg

December 1932 (1st appearance of Conan)

The Captain Battle Jr I posted yesterday looks brand new in person. Aside from a small tear near the staple it looks like it was just published.

Here is one of my favorites.

Planet4GA-1.jpg

Planet Comics # 4

I have hundreds of pulps and comics that look like they've been plucked right off the newsstand. The Weird Tales pulps I posted last week are some examples.

weirdtales193212.jpg

December 1932

The Captain Battle Jr I posted yesterday looks brand new in person. Aside from a small tear near the staple it looks like it was just published.

Here is one of my favorites.

Planet4GA-1.jpg

Planet Comics # 4

(worship) (worship) (worship)

I posted this in the Cigar Thread, but with all the ERB-philes that frequent this thread I thought there might be some appreciation for it here. This has been one of the toughest books I've ever tried to acquire - harder than John Carter cover Funnies issues which were also pretty tough. It's taken me four years to finally secure a copy. It's beat but I love it! :banana:

Hi-Spot02GDfcsm.jpg

And here's the back cover for those who have never seen the artwork of John Coleman Burroughs, ERB's son.

Hi-Spot02GDbcsm.jpg

Thanks guys! Amazingly, Gerber has it listed only as a 6 - I think this is one of the rare occasions where he underestimated a book's scarcity. If there are that many copies out there then they are locked up in collections and are not on the market.

I'll try and post some of the interior as soon as I get a chance. That's the one good thing about a low grade copy I don't have to be afraid to scan the interior. (thumbs u

Jeff