• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

1947414943_eb26b072d3_b.jpg

BZ,

I always enjoyed the early Batman covers. This is one of my favorites. Do you have a good scan of Batman 10?

The Detective comics spash panels are pretty good too. I think this scan was picked up from the Detective thread. (Det 35 splash?)

1948250106_fecd22a14d_b.jpg

batman.jpg

yowzah!!! (worship) (worship)

LOVE to see the #1 up close! :wishluck:

Hey BZ, if you have your key issues in mylar, just take a marker and put a little BZ in the corners of the mylar. That way no one could rip off the image and you wouldn't have to be afraid of showing regular scans of your big books.

target_3.jpg

That's one colorful cover. Very deep colors on your copy. :applause:

Agreed. Fabulous cover!

Makes me want to start singing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds! :D

Uh oh, did Paratrooper see that book? He's going to be attacking your house..;) VERY pretty...

Ya, I've been tracking that one. Heritage has the Church 9.8 copy up in auction right now, but beyond my price range :pullhair:

Asking me what to see is like letting a kid run loose in a candy shop! :D

Straight out I'd like to see any of these:

Haunt of Fear #8

Haunt of Fear #12

Crime SuspenStories #20

Crime SuspenStories #22

And any of the 3-D Horror books

Not an E.C. but would love to see a copy of Underworld Crime #7 if you have one! :wishluck:

I'll scan some covers for you in the next few days.

In the meantime here's a group shot of some Haunt of Fear that I posted a few months ago.

hauntoffear.jpg

crackajackfunnies5.jpg

NUDITY COVER! :o :o :o

West

:applause:Wow, the census only lists 3 of this issue graded thus far. A 6.0, 8.5 and a 9.0,

Does anyone know if the 9.0 is the Church copy? (shrug)

Just went through all 40 pages of this thread as I was away in China for 3 weeks.

Some more amzaing books including some stunning pulps from BZ's personal collection again for all of un minnions to drool over! :banana:

Anways, this "nude" cover reminds me of the Dell Poughkeepsie file copies I was able to purchased off a retired dealer from the Detroit area back in the early 90's. The dealer had acquired a portion of the collection which included a run of Crackajack Funnies which he was helping to sell for one of his long-time customers.

Anyways, I was lucky enough to contact the dealer who sold me several of these file copies from issues #4 through to the final issue at around 65% of guide. Included in it was a copy of this issue #5 in HG condition. :cloud9:

Asked him if the collector had anymore such as issue #9 to which he replied in the affirmative, although they were not for sale at this point in time. Noticed a subsequent ad in the CBG several months later listing the other issues. Contacted the dealer who said that he had tried to called me prior to placing the ad, but had misplaced my telephone number. :frustrated:

Anyways, took one of the issues in the early 20's (#21 I believe?) and put it up in the Manning Auction as a test of CGC's grading and the liquidity for these low demand books. Graded out as a 9.6 and sold for over triple guide which is not bad for a low demand GA book.

BTW: I am still surprised that issue #9 with the first appearance of Red Ryder guides for substantially less than Red Ryder #1 which came out much later. Must be one of the only times that a first appearance of a character is worth less than a subsequent issue. (shrug)

weirdtales19321933.jpg

BZ, What is there left to say, simply stunning.

Can't you just imagine being able to walk down to the corner magazine rack and pick a handful of these up. Going home, pouring an adult beverage and spending the evening reading and enjoying some of these.

Thanks sir. (thumbs u

weirdtales19321933.jpg

BZ, What is there left to say, simply stunning.

Can't you just imagine being able to walk down to the corner magazine rack and pick a handful of these up. Going home, pouring an adult beverage and spending the evening reading and enjoying some of these.

Thanks sir. (thumbs u

I can imagine it even without an adult beverage!

:o(worship):cry::applause::luhv:

Thank you. Thank you. :acclaim:

There will now be a brief intermission while I dry my eyes. :)

I can relate. I'm glad you saw the range of emotions I was experiencing. I think the emoticons said it best.....