• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Artwork for Ringling Bros (circa 1929) Christmas card.

circus5.jpg

Beautiful. Illustration back in the hey-day was really amazing... so much of that craftsmanship has been lost in today's work.

Feels like a bit of Ryan creeping into this artwork...

Care to tell us the story behind these works of art, BZ?

:popcorn:

Original artwork for 1930's Side Show poster.

circus3.jpg

Unbelievable. The depth of your collection continues...

That is an incredible piece. How big is it?

I was just thinking the same thing...

BZ,

You just gotta bring in a couple original art pieces to the Antiques Roadshow and give some song and dance about how you're great uncle gave them to you since he was the assistant to Barnum (or some other oddball story) and you have no idea what they are worth.

Feels like a bit of Ryan creeping into this artwork...

I was thinking the same thing! lol

And the circus artworks are simply superb!

Edited by adamstrange

I am speechless every time I dare to wander into this thread. Some of your stuff leaves the Geppi/Diamond museum left wanting.

:applause:

Does anyone know your identity here? I'd assume you would have dealers knocking at your door perpetually if they knew.

Wonderful stuff!

Roy.

I am speechless every time I dare to wander into this thread. Some of your stuff leaves the Geppi/Diamond museum left wanting.

Does anyone know your identity here? I'd assume you would have dealers knocking at your door perpetually if they knew.

Wonderful stuff!

Roy.

From what I recall, a few folk here know BZ's secret identity. The rest of us just call him BZ and wait for the New Year's Party invite.

BZ - do you have any French posters from the early 1900s? Any of the advertising stuff?

I think the protocol in this thread should be to skip the step of asking BZ if he has any XYZ stuff and just ask him to show it. lol So...BZ please show us some advertising illustration art like Leyendecker, Loomis, Parrish, Petty, Rockwell?????? :wishluck:

I am only a side-show geek and BZ is the ring master (who owns the circus).

What a segue...

I can't let this this opportunity pass without posting a few circus related items. :shy:

Sometimes the geek gets to provide a drum roll for the ring master (and part time trapeze artist). Great circus stuff there BZ.

Perhaps someone has that Barker (Nordling?) original art that you were interested in. Maybe a juicy trade?

By the way, back in the 1950s they still used posters to advertise the circus and carnavals before they came to town. My parents home had a shed that was always covered with posters and we used to get free tickets to the carnaval rides and side shows.

bb

Dumbo was in the circus. I will use this opportunity to show a few more items from my Leeds collection if you don't mind.

2322938526_c2ce39b3a7.jpg

Wonderful stuff!

Roy.

:gossip: Bruce Wayne, but don't tell anyone I told you, he has a "night" job (thumbs u

Hey BZ? Do you have any old art posters that feature naked ladies on them? It's always a lot more fun when they combine art with naked ladies. I find it much more appealing than the explicit junk they come out with today.

Hey BZ? Do you have any old art posters that feature naked ladies on them? It's always a lot more fun when they combine art with naked ladies. I find it much more appealing than the explicit junk they come out with today.

Here's a man who knows what he wants and asks for it. Cheers!!

60053-P4.jpg.8765ad92a20ee8edd2e985a58be15985.jpg

60054-P1.jpg.1366e3ef931308976ab59de18c017997.jpg