• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

How dare they! :sumo:

I didn't give that website permission to publish a photo of my library. :mad:

library-2.jpg

...after this thread, I'd thought you were larger than life.... not in need of scaffolding...... but that is a nice cozy Library. Is thisall the collection, or is some in storage ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The photo just shows my reference library.

The collection is in the west wing of the house. :baiting:

Fiction House wasn't just publishing comic books in the Golden Age, they were also publishing a line of pulp titles.

How about we take a look at a few of them.

Jungle Stories #1 (Winter 1938)

jungle1938win.jpg

Cover illo by Norman Saunders

FH was cool all right, & those are 3 great covers. In SF, they called it the ‘Campbell Astounding’ era, but time has shown just how vast the contributions from Planet Stories & WT, AS, FA, SS, & TWS are. This Eric John Stark masterpiece (Fall 1949) got to be one of the top five novellas, and Allen Anderson chimed in with a gorgeous cover. And the shortie from Ray (Sum 1946) is one of his best…

planet49f.JPG

img889.jpg

In SF, they called it the ‘Campbell Astounding’ era, but time has shown just how vast the contributions from Planet Stories & WT, AS, FA, SS, & TWS are. This Eric John Stark masterpiece (Fall 1949) got to be one of the top five novellas, and Allen Anderson chimed in with a gorgeous cover.

planet49f.JPG

I'm a big fan of Anderson's covers. :applause:

I'll take a look at 'em any time. I especially like the drooling gorilla on this one. I just don't see these much especially in this shape!

Jungle Stories #3 (Fall 1939)

jungle1939fall.jpg

Cover illo by George Gross

Here is another Jungle Stories with a cover by Gross.

jungle1941winter.jpg

Jungle Stories (Winter 1941)