• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I am in love more with early Weird Tales, but many pulps have not just good covers, but awesome content… if I scan my Weird Tales I will post it. :)

4480646816_da0cd0690a_z.jpg

If I remember correctly, BZ has a bunch of Weird Tales. I only have a few of the early issues. Red Fury sold me one or two of his second copies.

fantasticadventures194107.jpg

Fantastic Adventures (July 1941)

That one is really nice. I don't remember seeing it before. :banana:

St. John also does some interior illustrations. Any good ones in those issues?

Edited by BB-Gun

I am in love more with early Weird Tales, but many pulps have not just good covers, but awesome content… if I scan my Weird Tales I will post it. :)

If I remember correctly, BZ has a bunch of Weird Tales. I only have a few of the early issues. Red Fury sold me one or two of his second copies.

Due to recent upgrades, I was just pulling under-copies from the collection today and took this cool shot. :)

IMG_6499.JPG

Due to recent upgrades, I was just pulling under-copies from the collection today and took this cool shot. :)

IMG_6499.JPG

Great shot. :applause:

Can we see some of the upgrades? :wishluck:

It's amazing that any of these pulps can still be found in decent condition.

Just think of how old these issues are...in the case of those pictured above, they're 77-88 years old. :o

I like Burroughs and I like covers by J. Allen St John, too.

Was fortunate enough to visit a collector friend who let me gaze upon the St. John's original art for the cover of ERB's At The Earth's Core...

bCHGLo10_3112141129501.jpg

...simply magnificent!

Beauties! Let us know if you sell them… :grin:

Hey, what a coincidence: the one posted by BB-Gun is precisely the issue I have. I loved that cover and the content is also… :cloud9:

IMG_6499.JPG

Was fortunate enough to visit a collector friend who let me gaze upon the St. John's original art for the cover of ERB's At The Earth's Core...

bCHGLo10_3112141129501.jpg

...simply magnificent!

Incredible

jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

He has three others but this one was my favorite.

That's one of my favorite Brundage covers. :applause:

Tomorrow I will make a super-high resolution scan of it, so one can save it on his computer. :grin:

BTW, I wish to publicly thank BB-Gun because time ago he took the hassle to scan for me the splash page of a Golden Age book which I particularly cared about in high resolution, and not being accustomed to it it was a bit of a pain… thanks pal! (thumbs u