• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I just knew you had an Action #1. Careful with the lid on your scanner.....

lol It's okay, that was a Millennium Edition.

Sure :shy:

(Anyone know who "the greatest stf artist yet" that Siegel is referring to in his letter?)

In Men of Tomorrow they list a number of artists that Siegel tried to work with including Tony Strobl, Mel Graff and Russell Keaton. My bet is that he was referring to Keaton as he was the ghost artist for the syndicated Buck Rogers strip and that would most closely fit the hyperbole of greatest stf artist. (I'm not going to argue the merits of Paul over Keaton but my point is that if Siegel could work with Keaton then he's going to call him the best. )

Also, I just realized that the cover graphics MoT are all panels from Fletcher Hanks stories.

he's posted them already IIRC

He definitely posted a pic of a sweet grouping of Arkham editions.

BZ,

Catch Phrases? How about "One of these days Alice...____ ____ Right to the Moon"!

2650132045_14341215f9_b.jpg

Just thought it might be worth posting these issues here. Someone asked me about the dog's picture in one of the games.

2288276021_58ab980799.jpg

Story is from Alan Ladd 7 (some of you may remember his daughter in law a little better than Shane).

2650960382_ff8708452c_b.jpg

And every time I see a Woody Allen movie, I think of Bob Hope. Woody claims he learned everything he knows about acting from watching Bob. I enjoy the Road Movies too.

bb

2650960052_f0091f26a8_b.jpg

And every time I see a Woody Allen movie, I think of Bob Hope. Woody claims he learned everything he knows about acting from watching Bob.

2650960052_f0091f26a8_b.jpg

Interesting fact.

Woody Allen's demeanor in movies reminds me more of Bob Newhart than Hope. :)

In a 1940 science fiction fanzine, Julius Schwartz shared with the readers some of his private correspondence.

juliusschwartz.jpg

Great read! I want to check out some Stanley Weinbaum now, after reading Lovecraft's letter!