• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Funnies40fcsm3.jpg

Nice cover. :applause:

Am I remembering correctly that a while back you said someone was scanning all the John Carter stories? If that's correct, what's the status of that project?

DCM used to have them all up at their site, but not anymore.

Love the store stamp on this one and brilliant colors too. Very nice. :applause:

Thanks. It's actually the Western Publishing (Dell) file copy stamp. I've got the file copy for 3 of the 4 John Carter covers. I know some people don't care for the big stamps, but I love 'em.

Nice cover. :applause:

Am I remembering correctly that a while back you said someone was scanning all the John Carter stories? If that's correct, what's the status of that project?

DCM used to have them all up at their site, but not anymore.

I'm still working on it. I picked up the set of George Delacourt's bound copies of the whole JC run so I have all the issues now. I don't want to crack bindings by scanning the though, so I'm having to photograph the pages and fix them up in photoshop, correct for parallex, etc. But I'm about a third of the way through. It's actually 168 pages total, so it's pretty big project---I'm going to try and have it done before the movie next spring. If it's not too cost prohibitive, I'd like to make some print copies, but we'll see.

Here's a sample. :)

Heres the pic of the revealing detective cases i picked up for a dollar.

100_2091.jpg

There was also a Revealing Confessions and a Revealing Love Stories magazine published in the 1940's.

Is there anything of note in the magazine?

Not sure yet. I havnt really had the time to look through it yet. ill look through and post some pics if there is. :wishluck:

Great work, Jeff! Maybe you could list the books you don't have in low grade and people could loan them to you to copy as it would save a lot of time and effort. Or even send you disks with scanned pages?

I did get some help from several people (including you of course) and traded some scans. It's mostly the issues in the 40's that I'm missing.

But why collect clocks?

supe4.jpg

Fantastic! Clark almost exactly quoted Einstein's Theory of Relativity! I love it when the science in old comics actually works, and this is probably one of the most off-hand mentions I've seen!

BZ, you do find the best stuff!