• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

as a fan I am happy that he "made them his" although as a penciller I might have been pizzed lol

Great thread, I would love to hear more about Fox. He is one of my favorites from that time period

Larry Lieber was very unhappy that Matt was assigned to ink some of his pre-hero Marvel work. I think it makes the art much more interesting, even if it is much less Lieberish.

StrangeTales18.jpg

just came across this character from kabuki play- Tokubei is a wizard who rides on a giant toad while shouting mysterious ominously otherworldly incantations like 'Santa Maria' !!! Wake Up Old Ones !!!!!!

Tokubei.jpg

First appearance of Tsathoggua? hm

This is a double post from the Cigar thread, but I'm really excited and know some of the regulars in this thread will appreciate this book. :headbang:

Hi-Spot2VG.jpg

Great book. I wasn't going to bid, but was watching the book for about a day before it disappeared. Congrats. :applause:

just came across this character from kabuki play- Tokubei is a wizard who rides on a giant toad while shouting mysterious ominously otherworldly incantations like 'Santa Maria' !!! Wake Up Old Ones !!!!!!

Tokubei.jpg

Great drawing. :applause:

Do you have any more illustrations from that play?

I was a dues paying member of the Herpetological Society when I was a kid and I'm a still a big fan. :gossip:

Hi-Spot2VG.jpg

Zowie! (worship)

I was looking at the features in that comic over at GCD and I'm intrigued with a bunch of the stories in that issue: Memel Denny, Hemisphere Patrol, Super Comic Kid, Storm on the Moon, Wonderland of Oz.

They all sound pretty interesting.

Tokubei.jpg

I was a dues paying member of the Herpetological Society when I was a kid and I'm a still a big fan. :gossip:

Which do you like best? Snakes, lizards or amphibians?

One of my favorite movies was the "Freshman" which featured a Komodo dragon. Not sure if I would have wanted to carry one as they did in the movie and risk being bitten (like Sharon Stone's husband). Perhaps it was just a giant monitor lizard in the movie which may be safer. I think I prefer stories about Dragons, like those written by Anne McCaffrey but I did enjoy the Mister Toad cartoon by Disney.

Tokubei.jpg

My favorites are turtles.

Tokubei.jpg

My favorites are turtles.

Snap - I mean, snapper!