• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

The colors on these books...the only time I ever see books like this they are encased in a slab, usually with a pedigree designation( not Crippen) and selling for bags of cash. This is truly a treat to watch unfold and I'm thinking the best is yet to come.

Cool cover. That's one of those books that I probably looked over in the Gerber Guide a bunch of times and never really paid attention to it, but when I see a full size scan as nice as this it really jumps out.

Ken

Planet17GA.jpg

Planet18GA.jpg

Is there a sobbing icon? How about a 28?

This comic is due back at the library on the 10th. Please don't forget.

Planet28GA.jpg

Wah. I'd like to check out a 26 as well.

Planet28GA.jpg

I'm sorry Mr. Librarian, but my dog ate it! Really! I swear! How much do I owe you?

I'm sorry Mr. Librarian, but my dog ate it! Really! I swear! How much do I owe you?

readanim.gif Mr Bedrock, isn't that the same excuse you used when you 'lost' the Captain America comic book you borrowed last month? poke2.gif

readanim.gif Mr Bedrock, isn't that the same excuse you used when you 'lost' the Captain America comic book you borrowed last month? poke2.gif

Uh-um.....no......

My heart pounds in my throat every time I view this thread. It just gets better and better. Bangzoom, I wish I could go spend an afternoon in your basement. Or maybe a week. smile.gif

hey...

how about a move in party!...my wife wouldn't mind if I moved into BZ basement indefinitely (I am sure BZ would mind, though!)

gator

I would love to see more Arkham House books. Some beautiful covers on those, not to mention the great stories they contain.

This will give you an idea of their covers. Unlike comic books, pulps, vintage paperbacks, or even record albums; I never heard of anyone who collected Arkhams because of their covers. You have to love the stories to really appreciate the books (or just enjoy collecting). tongue.gif

ArkhamHouseBooksGA.jpg

Hey BZ - I know this is a Comic board, but do you have any early Sci-fi specialty press items with nice cover illo (Bok,Paul,Cartier?)???

Here's a Hannes Bok cover for a book that was essential reading for collectors of Fantasy, in times past.

HannesBokGA.jpg

Hey BZ - I know this is a Comic board, but do you have any early Sci-fi specialty press items with nice cover illo (Bok,Paul,Cartier?)???

Here's a Hannes Bok cover for a book that was essential reading for collectors of Fantasy, in times past.

HannesBokGA.jpg

This is a collectors dream come true collection. I still can't get over the fact that this wasn't put together with hundreds of thousands of dollars or more, like some collections are today but with imagination and foresight and birdogging and lot's of joy and love for the pieces themselves. Inspiring.