• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Incredible, BZ!

(I think Ryan's head just exploded....)

good point...we need to keep Ryan away from this page, at all costs!

BZ:

Thanks for the new scans, but if at all possible can you change the cropping on your new scanner so the sides of the book aren't cut smooth?

I (we?) get more satisfaction from seeing the edges of the book. It's a better way for us to determine more accurately how nice the book really is.

Hopefully you can figure out how to do this.

Regards and thanks again.

--Gary

it would be nice seeing the book without cropping, true. we'll take what we can get BZ smile.gif but it is nice seeing the whole book.

Hey moondog, those are some beet swoobs in your avatar! Who is that anyway? I figure with a rack like that she must be famous!

BZ:

Thanks for the new scans, but if at all possible can you change the cropping on your new scanner so the sides of the book aren't cut smooth?

I (we?) get more satisfaction from seeing the edges of the book. It's a better way for us to determine more accurately how nice the book really is.

Hopefully you can figure out how to do this.

Regards and thanks again.

--Gary

I agree Gary, and BZ I offer this simply as an example. All it takes a cheap piece of colored construction paper or poster board and just lay it over the book instead of closing the top.

Although I just want you to enjoy posting and please do not stop. Please remember BZ, even after you have scanned all your books there are still the backs to be done and the splashes, and the ads, and the centerfolds, and the etc..... cloud9.gif

fc291.jpg

I don't think I ever saw it. Do you have a link?

mm0162.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

It looks great.

I'm surprised that it hasn't been slabbed.

Or was the scan prior to going to CGC?

I'm a tightwad and it would cost a $1000 to slab it. Maybe another day.

It looks great.

I'm surprised that it hasn't been slabbed.

Or was the scan prior to going to CGC?

I'm a tightwad and it would cost a $1000 to slab it. Maybe another day.

A tightwad, who owns a primo copy of Detective Comics 27.

Tightwad. Right.

Jack

owns TWO reprints