• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

what a cool run, thanks BZ.

Your thread is pretty much the only one I follow these days yay.gif

I'l agree, this is by far the purest thread for the collector going. There's no subtext or hidden agenda going on, just a generous collector having a ball showing his collection and treating us all to some beautiful comics and pulps and books. It's a rare treat and an even rarer glimpse at a lot of books some of us might never have the chance to see. Thank's again BZ! You're a good sport.

what a cool run, thanks BZ.

Your thread is pretty much the only one I follow these days yay.gif

I'l agree, this is by far the purest thread for the collector going. There's no subtext or hidden agenda going on, just a generous collector having a ball showing his collection and treating us all to some beautiful comics and pulps and books. It's a rare treat and an even rarer glimpse at a lot of books some of us might never have the chance to see. Thank's again BZ! You're a good sport.

Hear Hear.893applaud-thumb.gif I don't post much but be assured I visit daily to view the generous BZ and his wonderful books.Keep up the terrific work. hail.gif

I would like to just give Bangzoom a HUGE high five for taking time out to show us all his unbelievable books!

highfive.jpg

27_laughing.gif Thanks BZ for sharing pics of these beautiful books!

It's been quite a while since I posted some new scans, so here's a few more. willy_nilly.gif

Captain Battle (Boy Comics # 3 on)

# 1 (Summer 1941)

# 2 (Fall 1941)

Funny Pages (Formerly the Comic Magazine) Centaur Publications

Vol 3 #10 (December 1939) - 2nd Arrow Cover

Green Hornet - Holyoke Publications

# 5 (June 1941)

Green Mask - (Fox Features)

# 7 (October 1941)

Startling Comics - (Better Publications/Nedor Publ)

# 3 (October 1940)

#44 (March 1947) - Lance Lewis Space Detective Begins, Graham Ingels Cover

Thumper Meets the Seven Dwarfs - (Dell Publishing)

Four Color # 19 (1942)

I would like to just give Bangzoom a HUGE high five for taking time out to show us all his unbelievable books!

highfive.jpg

You come up with some great pics, Shawn. I particularly liked the snake oil salesman you had in some other thread.

CaptainBattle1GA.jpg

I've never seen this one, what a cool cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I don't even recall seeing that in the Gerber - must check.

Crazy cover - you'd think the hooded dudes would want to be clear of the bomb as well!

CaptainBattle2GA.jpg

oh, this is rare, and makes me jealous. in my own pea-brained, meandering way, i've come to want all the captain battles, because when i needed #3 for the chesler run, i naturally had to have them all. this book hasn't been for sale ANYWHERE in the many months that i've been searching it. found a 1, 3 is common, but this book is HARD.

CaptainBattle2GA.jpg

oh, this is rare, and makes me jealous. in my own pea-brained, meandering way, i've come to want all the captain battles, because when i needed #3 for the chesler run, i naturally had to have them all. this book hasn't been for sale ANYWHERE in the many months that i've been searching it. found a 1, 3 is common, but this book is HARD.

bang, now that i've explained the urgency in my acquiring this book, i'll just p-mail you with my address.