• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phil Levine's video tour of his warehouses stuffed with collectibles

97 posts in this topic

would the comic books cgc graded from his collection be eligible for some sort of Phil Levine pedigree?

dont know if this was asked before or not

Not a pedigree, but a "collection" is a possibility.

From what I understand, and have witnessed as he left me in the dust on ebay ( tonofbricks.gif), Phil has one of the best promotional collections of anyone. thumbsup2.gif

would the comic books cgc graded from his collection be eligible for some sort of Phil Levine pedigree?

dont know if this was asked before or not

Not a pedigree, but a "collection" is a possibility.

From what I understand, and have witnessed as he left me in the dust on ebay ( tonofbricks.gif), Phil has one of the best promotional collections of anyone. thumbsup2.gif

sign-offtopic.gif I know, but I'd love to see some of these promotional books if someone had the time and inclination to start a thread.

Phil:

It was great seeing you and Lenore in the video! I was worried that you were sick or had passed on since I hadn't seen you in Chicago for the past 10 years.

Please tell her I said hi and best of luck with the sale!

I have many fond memories of you and all your stuff at the Chicago show. Hey, do you remember the Honeymooner's show in Chicago when you showed off the kitchen set? Man, that was a blast (I still have my Honeymooners tumblers I bought that day!).

Hope to see you soon,

Gary Colabuono

OCD = this collection...

I wonder if he has any pre-national TV Guides ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not to be rude, but does anyone collect this stuff anymore? Reminds me of the old, musty National Geographics and Life Magazines you can find at almost any garage sale for a nickel each and they still don't sell. The man hours it would take to catalog and sell this stuff would be worth 100X more than the value of the items.

Two words: insurance fire.

*EDIT* Found the video.

Watch more Google Video videos on AOL Video

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/levine-collection/1185605460/?icid=VIDLRV03

---------------------------------------------------------

The link is dead from the original thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1645658&fpart=1

and Bakertowne Collectables has removed it from their YouTube website.

I poked around a bit and couldn't find it anywhere on the internet.

I wonder what really happened between Bakertowne and Levine to make their deal go sour.

Bakertowne didn't get too far into the collection, mostly selling off only TV guides and Joe Bonomo,

(yes, the Turkish taffy guy) boxing memorabilia. They never made it to the comics, did they?

Anyway, here's the Scoop article.

Link to Scoop article

55481_126181_1.jpg

Yes, it's hilarious, isn't it. Absolutely hysterical. Links were dead and I updated them.

Were you trying to out me and get me banned?

Well, you're a day late, (several days, actually) and a dollar short,

(although intelligence cannot be measured in dollars.)

You see, I revealed my secret, true identity over here on 01/06/09 at 11:59 PM

Link to unmasking post

Hold up, take your meds. :grin:

What is your fascination with these guys?

I find it amazing that they can find and hoard so much of this nostalgic stuff that eludes most of us here.

First time seeing this thread, or these vids.

At what point does collecting become a disease? Seriously, I'm sure he has some amazing stuff in there, but it's disorganized, strewn around like junk, and stored in such a way that cannot possibly be congruent with proper preservation practices.

No disrespect intended; maybe it's just me. As I've mentioned before, I can't stand the idea of owning that kind of quantity of anything. If I did, it would have to be perfectly organized and stored(not by me) or I couldn't take it.

:sick: