• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions
14 14

1,190 posts in this topic

Fine at this point I dont care just irritated at the lack of packing by a seller on here.

So here is the deal. I bought the book pictured below in VF/NM to NM- condition.

So the Seller charged me $5 for shipping + $10 for book. I payed him + $.50 to cover his paypal fees as I do most sellers on here this was my choice he didnt ask for it. I did ask him to pack it well and add some cardboard so it wont get bent.

The book arrived in a re-used manilla enveloped, boarded and bagged with two slices of thin cardboard inside which got corner dinged and didnt save the book as you can tell by the scan.

Now If I payed $3.00 for shipping or somewhere around that it got damaged like this fine I can live with because he did at least have Do Not Bend on it, but I payed $5 + I covered his paypal fees. I know this book is not a huge amount, but man I have never recieved a book like this from any seller on here in 4 years or so of buying.

mailer.jpg

tt2.jpg

Well, that sucks.

For $5 (and the paypal fee) you should have got a Priority envelope (which does a little better job at bend resistance then the plain envelopes) with at least one strong cardboard backer (two would be better).

so what you guys are saying is no one should receive X-mas bonuses for a job well done :o

If they do a good job during the year then I agree that an end-of-the-year bonus is warranted. If they do a job during the year then no bonus.

Perfect example: Our normal mail carrier Kent, who delivers our mail Monday thru Friday, always leaves boxes and packages on our porch and never tries to cram them into our mailbox. He always places our regular mail with the packages when we do receive some (rubber banded together so they don't fly away). He even leaves a dog biscuit every day as he knows we have 2 miniature dachsunds (the oldest one gets them because our youngest dog has a liver shunt and can't have protein). He always smiles when you talk to him too. He gets a bonus. (thumbs u

Then again the girl who delivers mail on Saturdays (even though she's pretty hot) DOES cram comic envelopes into the mailbox. And when she does leave boxes on the porch she doesn't put the regular mail with it. We still have to walk to the box to get the rest of the mail. Plus she pretty much has that look on her face all the time that tells you she got screwed over by a guy at some point and now ALL men are bastards. She DOESN'T get a bonus. :P

My M-F mailman has been on our route since....forever. I live in a rural area, and my driveway is 2 acres long, mailbox by the road. If I get a package M-F, he will drive down the driveway, struggle out of his truck, rain or shine (he's got a prosthetic leg), and carry my parcels to the door. He'll knock on the door to poersonally deliver if he can, and if no one is home and it looks stormy, he'll wrap the parcels in plastic (even though we have a covered porch), just to be safe.

Yeah, he gets a Ben Franklin every Christmas.

Our Saturday deliveryperson leaves parcels on the ground, by the mailbox, rain or shine. We tried tipping her into better service the first couple of years, but no amount of of talking or bribing would coerce her into decent service. She gets a fruitcake every year.

I've worked in the service industry, waiting tables, bartending, etc. So, I always tip when someone goes above and beyond the call of duty, no matter what the job. I know postal carriers are paid a decent living wage, but I also recognize that my M-F guy does way more than he has to, so I have no problem tipping him $100 every X-Mas. That's also why I give a fruitcake to my Saturday deliveryperson, because that's like leaving pennies for a bartender. If you can't be bothered to do a decent job, I can't be bothered to supplement your salary, especially when I've specifically asked you to not leave packages in the rain.

I probably live in a politer place than you do - I would never do that here.

I know what you're saying. Can't get more "politer" than the small town I grew up in. However, if there are 20 people in line and you're technically saving everyone else a bunch of time by having printed the postage in advance instead of having everyone wait while your packages are weighed and you pay, you might consider it reasonable.

so what you guys are saying is no one should receive X-mas bonuses for a job well done :o

If they do a good job during the year then I agree that an end-of-the-year bonus is warranted. If they do a job during the year then no bonus.

Perfect example: Our normal mail carrier Kent, who delivers our mail Monday thru Friday, always leaves boxes and packages on our porch and never tries to cram them into our mailbox. He always places our regular mail with the packages when we do receive some (rubber banded together so they don't fly away). He even leaves a dog biscuit every day as he knows we have 2 miniature dachsunds (the oldest one gets them because our youngest dog has a liver shunt and can't have protein). He always smiles when you talk to him too. He gets a bonus. (thumbs u

Then again the girl who delivers mail on Saturdays (even though she's pretty hot) DOES cram comic envelopes into the mailbox. And when she does leave boxes on the porch she doesn't put the regular mail with it. We still have to walk to the box to get the rest of the mail. Plus she pretty much has that look on her face all the time that tells you she got screwed over by a guy at some point and now ALL men are bastards. She DOESN'T get a bonus. :P

My M-F mailman has been on our route since....forever. I live in a rural area, and my driveway is 2 acres long, mailbox by the road. If I get a package M-F, he will drive down the driveway, struggle out of his truck, rain or shine (he's got a prosthetic leg), and carry my parcels to the door. He'll knock on the door to poersonally deliver if he can, and if no one is home and it looks stormy, he'll wrap the parcels in plastic (even though we have a covered porch), just to be safe.

Yeah, he gets a Ben Franklin every Christmas.

Our Saturday deliveryperson leaves parcels on the ground, by the mailbox, rain or shine. We tried tipping her into better service the first couple of years, but no amount of of talking or bribing would coerce her into decent service. She gets a fruitcake every year.

I've worked in the service industry, waiting tables, bartending, etc. So, I always tip when someone goes above and beyond the call of duty, no matter what the job. I know postal carriers are paid a decent living wage, but I also recognize that my M-F guy does way more than he has to, so I have no problem tipping him $100 every X-Mas. That's also why I give a fruitcake to my Saturday deliveryperson, because that's like leaving pennies for a bartender. If you can't be bothered to do a decent job, I can't be bothered to supplement your salary, especially when I've specifically asked you to not leave packages in the rain.

Sounds like we have a trend here.... hm

I'm beginning to think it's a female thing. Great service from the guys during the week and lousy service from the gals on the weekend. hmlol

Well, my problems with purchases on the boards continue.

Comic Supply ($300 of books) - Waiting to hear back from my CC company on my request for a chargeback.

mjacobs8 ($145 of books) - Had to file a dispute and escalate with PayPal.

Now I have a new one!

Filter81 ($950 book) - Paid Jan 10, exchanged PMs Jan 27 and he was going to look into it, no response to my PMs since then.

I know that Adam had some books stolen and may be busy with that, but I'm still in limbo. I tried calling the number he left in the thread about the theft, but the voice mail was a girl and his name wasn't in the message so it may be a mistake. I'm going to try e-mailing him at his PayPal address, but if anyone knows him and could let him know I'm waiting for some contact I would appreciate it.

Mike

Now I have a new one!

Filter81 ($950 book) - Paid Jan 10, exchanged PMs Jan 27 and he was going to look into it, no response to my PMs since then.

I know that Adam had some books stolen and may be busy with that, but I'm still in limbo. I tried calling the number he left in the thread about the theft, but the voice mail was a girl and his name wasn't in the message so it may be a mistake. I'm going to try e-mailing him at his PayPal address, but if anyone knows him and could let him know I'm waiting for some contact I would appreciate it.

Mike

hm Anybody else not get books they paid for in Adam's big sale here on the boards?

Edited by shark2557

Comic Supply ($300 of books) - Waiting to hear back from my CC company on my request for a chargeback.

Now I have a new one!

Mike

Mike,

ComicSupply stiffed me $26 last year which is a drop in the bucket comapred to your $300 :sorry:

I am trying tofind out where mjacobs8 is. I went by his house and he wasn't home. Tried to find out from the apartment management if he still lived there but they wouldn't divulge me any info :sorry:

As far as Adam goes, it's still under 30 days (close but still under) and he is at NYCC. Send him another PM (with a new topic) about it and I'm sure he will get back to you within the week :wishluck:

Now I have a new one!

Mike

Mike,

ComicSupply stiffed me $26 last year which is a drop in the bucket comapred to your $300 :sorry:

I am trying tofind out where mjacobs8 is. I went by his house and he wasn't home. Tried to find out from the apartment management if he still lived there but they wouldn't divulge me any info :sorry:

As far as Adam goes, it's still under 30 days (close but still under) and he is at NYCC. Send him another PM (with a new topic) about it and I'm sure he will get back to you within the week :wishluck:

There is still hope for Comic Supply as I have been e-mailing back and forth with Russ. He says the box was returned because I refused to pay the duty (I never saw it), but it is possible there was a shipping mistake. Supposedly it was shipped again on Friday and he will be sending me the tracking number. If that doesn't work out I am still hopeful to get a CC chargeback.

I just sent Michael an e-mail to his PayPal address. Maybe he is reading those. Brad (Redhook) on the NOD boards told me he was able to contact Michael a while ago via telephone and got his books. If you have his number I would appreciate a PM.

I am still confident Adam will get me the book. I just sent an e-mail to his PayPal address since he isn't reading PMs. Hopefully he will get back to me after the con. I also got his phone number off yellowpages.com so I'll call later in the week if the e-mail doesn't work.

Mike

:sumo: 2/8/09 PROBATION UPDATE :sumo:

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

aaron568

(added 11/6/08)

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

ComicSupply

(added 10/28/08)

DarkKnight2K4

(added 4/24/08)

Dbostejano

(added 10/12/08)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

gilbertotorres

(added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

Henchman

(added 4/25/08)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Jmarch51

(added 2/14/08)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Marc Wolfe

(added 9/15/08)

matewan1990

(added 3/3/08)

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

NEXTLVL

(added 10/12/08)

rza808

(added 12/29/08)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SIXX_VAN_ROSE

(added 11/7/08)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

Superman20

(added 12/18/07)

THATONEGUY

(added 1/11/08)

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

$4000.00 scam!!! :sumo:

Now I have a new one!

Mike

Mike,

There is still hope for Comic Supply as I have been e-mailing back and forth with Russ. He says the box was returned because I refused to pay the duty (I never saw it), but it is possible there was a shipping mistake. Supposedly it was shipped again on Friday and he will be sending me the tracking number. If that doesn't work out I am still hopeful to get a CC chargeback.

I just sent Michael an e-mail to his PayPal address. Maybe he is reading those. Brad (Redhook) on the NOD boards told me he was able to contact Michael a while ago via telephone and got his books. If you have his number I would appreciate a PM.

I am still confident Adam will get me the book. I just sent an e-mail to his PayPal address since he isn't reading PMs. Hopefully he will get back to me after the con. I also got his phone number off yellowpages.com so I'll call later in the week if the e-mail doesn't work.

Mike

Geez Mike, sorry you've had a number of bad or difficult deals. I've dealt with Adam and he seems 100% solid. Hopefully this will all work out soon.

I've bought from Filter before too, with no problems. Hopefully this is just a momentary lapse on his part. As far as comicsupply goes, I did eventually get a refund from him, after a few emails that threatened legal action. He blamed Paypal, saying he never got the email which said I had paid :whatev: . I guess he never got the emails I sent asking where my stuff was, either. Darn internet! :P

I noticed in the latest iteration of the probation list there's mention of a 'hall of shame'. What's that all about?

I've bought from Filter before too, with no problems. Hopefully this is just a momentary lapse on his part. As far as comicsupply goes, I did eventually get a refund from him, after a few emails that threatened legal action. He blamed Paypal, saying he never got the email which said I had paid :whatev: . I guess he never got the emails I sent asking where my stuff was, either. Darn internet! :P

I noticed in the latest iteration of the probation list there's mention of a 'hall of shame'. What's that all about?

It means they froocked over so many buyers, that resolution is impossible to even do the accounting for. :(

It means they froocked over so many buyers, that resolution is impossible to even do the accounting for. :(

Wow, then Comicsupply definitely belongs on that list, I would think. 'Hall of Shame' is so generic, though. If you want to label people that have screwed over countless comic collectors, give it a name with descriptive flair; 'The Dupcak & Ewert Disciples', or something. :D

Wow, then Comicsupply definitely belongs on that list, I would think.

Do I hear a second to the nomination? :)

Give Adam a bit to get situated. I will try and help however I can. I spoke with him at NYCC and he was saying that he was a little behind right now. I also have books coming from him, but am not worried. I will try and see if I can get in touch with him. He is a super nice guy, and doubt he would ever try and get one over on someone for a few bucks.

Ebay just has a bigger percentage of people on the site, so if let's say, 8% of the people are not that honest, careful, reliable,then the number of people you want to avoid,is going to be bigger...this board is not immune to anything, the same percentage (and I'm making up numbers) is not going to be quite that honest, reliable, careful...you are just dealing with smaller numbers, so a smaller number of people on here, are people you need to avoid.

On the other hand, there are a LOT of honest people on Ebay, including many of the boarders here.

The bottom line, is to just always be careful who you deal with, remember usually, if it's way too good to be true, it probably isn't true...so use common sense, and you will usually be fine.

There are different kinds of problems I see on this thread, people wo are just lost in space, don't really care, but are basically nice people..., people who have actual problems (health, job loss, accidents) and people who are really basically mean crooks...

While I can understand the suggestion about having a permanent probation stigma attached to you once you are on the list, I don't think it would be fair to the people who were just ill, or had accidents, and since the basically mean crooks, would just CLAIM that anyway...it would be really hard to determine, even David would find it difficult.

After a while, people do know the lost in space people....so, asking for references before spending a lot of money, might help, the same way you would ask about a dealer at a Con, or a Jeweler, or anyone from whom you are making a decent purchase. Ask some friends if they have dealt with the person, if the person is new, ASK for references.