• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloodsport: Who is the best straight-up "Fighter" in Comics?

Who'd be the last one standing?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who'd be the last one standing?

57 posts in this topic

Who gets your vote for the #1 Hand-to-Hand Bad-[!@#%^&^] in all of comicdom? There are lots of candidates, with various styles and skills from the ubiquitous "Ninja-training" of the 1980's to the "Mastery of all forms of Galactic Combat".

Note: Team entries, such as the "Brothers of The Dragon", and the Teen-age Mutant Ninja Turtles have been eliminated. This is mano-e-mano, only...

Pure hand to hand skill....I doubt there is an equal for Shang-Chi, but Iron Fist would be a close second.

As far as the overall toughest hand to hand combatant, powers included - Gladiator of the Shi'ar is pretty much untouchable.

Pure hand to hand skill....I doubt there is an equal for Shang-Chi, but Iron Fist would be a close second.

As far as the overall toughest hand to hand combatant, powers included - Gladiator of the Shi'ar is pretty much untouchable.

I considered putting Gladiator on the list, as he's one of my all-time favorite characters. In fact, I like ALL of the Legion of Su... I mean Lilandra's Imperial Guard! wink.gif

I just feel , exactly like Superman, he's not the toughest if you remove his strength. He just ain't got the skillz...

-Joe

Yeah but - I think he gets his power and skill from his own willpower or soemthing, right?

Like he wills himself to be super powerful.

Does he have hand to hand skills like Shang Chi?

No way, but he also probably throws down better than Collosus of old or Sasquach or many of Marvel's "Strong Guys"

Batman, no contest.

Why? Because I take the term "straight up fighter" not just to mean skills, but attitude as well. He's got absolutely NO superpowers, he's just a guy who trains his arse off and is obssesed. Mentally, he's probably tougher than everyone on the list. He's a true warrior, and will throw down with all-comers if necessary. Just look at the long list of arses he's kicked where he rightfully should have lost.

Given enough time to get his bearings and formulate a plan of attack, Batman could take out everyone else on that list. He's got the composure and the dicipline to evade his target long enough to figure out how to beat them, and once he does, the fight's over.

Batman. Just for his experience. Any of those listed would give him a run. I thought Wolvie at first and then, nah, he'd go berserk and Bats would use that to his advantage..

The definitive Batman fight? Dark Knight No. 2 against that mutant freak...Bruce Wayne is pushing 50 and still gives that young pup a lesson in mud-fighting..

I still get chills when I read that comic.... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Batman is tough.....But really, how could he possibly beat a guy like Shang Chi or iron Fist for that matter - in pure hand to hand combat? He's good - but he is simply not that good. Give him all his stuff - yeah he beats both of them, but with no stuff...not a chance in hell.

He's smarter - but that doesn't mean much when you get your wrist broke and your windpipe collapsed in 5 seconds flat.

Batman. Just for his experience. Any of those listed would give him a run. I thought Wolvie at first and then, nah, he'd go berserk and Bats would use that to his advantage..

The definitive Batman fight? Dark Knight No. 2 against that mutant freak...Bruce Wayne is pushing 50 and still gives that young pup a lesson in mud-fighting..

I still get chills when I read that comic.... 893applaud-thumb.gif

ditto on the chills, but i have to agree with ubiquiti and say shang-chi. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif where the hell is blowout on this one? confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Had I not forgotten Captain America for this list, I'm sure he might've garnered a vote or two, but Batman seems to be pulling away from the pack. I realize though that no-one has suggested Cap as a write-in...

I guess that means that we must think that Batman can whip the entire Marvel Universe, as nearly everyone has been "trained by Captain America"... 893whatthe.gif

I don't think Batman is better than Lady Shiva, or even Green Arrow, in pure hand-to-hand. Even Batman himself has marvelled at Conner Hawke's mad skills, during that big cross-over with all the "Monkeys"... cool.gif

I would REALLY like to see Lady Shiva tangle with Shang-Chi... sumo.gif

-Joe

Wasn't the intention this be only non-super-powered fighters?

If so, then Spidey doesn't belong, nor does Captain (Super-Soldier Serum) America. (Or Wolverine for that matter, eh?)

If you'll allow for super-powers, then why not include Superman and we can all hit the Buy It Now button! wink.gif

By the way, the Batman would mop the floor with Connor Hawke! tongue.gif

Well, according to Wizard, Bats could take down Spidey in no-time flat...

As for Shang-Chi and Iron Fist, I still think Batman could take them..I mean, after all, in the revised DC Batman origin, didn't Bruce Wayne train with Tibetan monks and acquire an Eastern fighting discipline?