• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The USAF Mildenhall Original Owner Collection

800 posts in this topic

Justice League Of America #161

NM (9.4)

$10

JusticeLeagueOfAmerica161.jpg

:takeit:

this one too, please.

hey, i like the wee guy. he's so wee!

Justice League Of America #162

NM (9.4)

$10

What's that, Sal? ....couldn't hear you.... (shrug)

Andy

takeit.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

gossip.gif

You can play coy if you wish, but if I can't use the full size graemlins how can I buy your books? :baiting:

foreheadslap.gif

OK, go to the graemlin command at the top of the box, choose your graemlin and right click. Choose 'Properties' and copy the URL. Close graemlins box and chose image instead. Paste in the URL for the graemlin.

thumbsup2.gif

There’ve been a few questions from relative newbies regarding the quality of this collection, and it made me realise that I’ve been cranking this stuff out for six months now. A number of boarders didn’t even know this place existed when the first books hit the forum!

The questions prompted me to do a bit of digging. Bear in mind that I’ve been very selective about the 60s books I’ve listed, as many have been mid-grade or worse and probably not all that exciting as a consequence. They’ve therefore not been offered. However, pretty much anything and everything from the Bronze Age we’ve come across has been listed, and the overall quality from this era has proved to be superb.

Here’s a breakdown by grade for the comics…

1 x VG/FN (5.0)

2 x FN- (5.5)

13 x FN (6.0)

23 x FN+ (6.5)

31 x FN/VF (7.0)

17 x VF- (7.5)

182 x VF (8.0)

365 x VF+ (8.5)

450 x VF/NM (9.0)

368 x NM- (9.2)

162 x NM (9.4)

43 x NM+ (9.6)

4 x NM/M (9.8)

Also bear in mind that a number of the books that have been submitted for grading have actually come back higher than where I’d personally pegged them.

1575 books have been offered to the board and 1334 have sold…an unbelievable sell-thru of 84.7%!!! 77 different boarders have bought from this collection with 153 packages going out…one of which contained 55 books!!!

Bottom line…and in a shameless piece of self-promotion :grin:…if you haven’t been buying stuff from this collection, you’ve been missing out. Not only has the grading been fairly ruthless, but the actual eye appeal and quality of these books has been amazing…superb gloss, excellent page quality, and a freshness that belies their age.

Oh, and there’s the cute little certificate that I’ve issued for every book…something to show to your grandkids! insane.gif

So, it’s not too late…240 unsold books, another 20 to come tonight, more to list next week…come join the party!

yay2.gifyay2.gifyay2.gif

There’ve been a few questions from relative newbies regarding the quality of this collection, and it made me realise that I’ve been cranking this stuff out for six months now. A number of boarders didn’t even know this place existed when the first books hit the forum!

The questions prompted me to do a bit of digging. Bear in mind that I’ve been very selective about the 60s books I’ve listed, as many have been mid-grade or worse and probably not all that exciting as a consequence. They’ve therefore not been offered. However, pretty much anything and everything from the Bronze Age we’ve come across has been listed, and the overall quality from this era has proved to be superb.

1 x VG/FN (5.0)

2 x FN- (5.5)

13 x FN (6.0)

23 x FN+ (6.5)

31 x FN/VF (7.0)

17 x VF- (7.5)

182 x VF (8.0)

365 x VF+ (8.5)

450 x VF/NM (9.0)

368 x NM- (9.2)

162 x NM (9.4)

43 x NM+ (9.6)

4 x NM/M (9.8)

Also bear in mind that a number of the books that have been submitted for grading have actually come back higher than where I’d personally pegged them.

1575 books have been offered to the board and 1334 have sold…an unbelievable sell-thru of 84.7%!!! 77 different boarders have bought from this collection with 153 packages going out…one of which contained 55 books!!!

Bottom line…and in a shameless piece of self-promotion :grin:…if you haven’t been buying stuff from this collection, you’ve been missing out. Not only has the grading been fairly ruthless, but the actual eye appeal and quality of these books has been amazing…superb gloss, excellent page quality, and a freshness that belies their age.

Oh, and there’s the cute little certificate that I’ve issued for every book…something to show to your grandkids! insane.gif

So, it’s not too late…240 unsold books, another 20 to come tonight, more to list next week…come join the party!

yay2.gifyay2.gifyay2.gif

Nick wheres the best place to get a list of what you have left .

1 x VG/FN (5.0)

2 x FN- (5.5)

13 x FN (6.0)

23 x FN+ (6.5)

31 x FN/VF (7.0)

17 x VF- (7.5)

182 x VF (8.0)

365 x VF+ (8.5)

450 x VF/NM (9.0)

368 x NM- (9.2)

162 x NM (9.4)

43 x NM+ (9.6)

4 x NM/M (9.8)

yay2.gifyay2.gifyay2.gif

The books I received from Nick were packaged great and the conditions were as advertised or better!! If you haven't picked up any of these books yet, you are missing out!!

I'm a new convert. Just grabbed 3 of Nick's books last week, and can't wait for them to arrive.

One other thing: Nick's also great with the communication, and incredibly easy to deal with.

A stand-up guy!

thumbsup2.gif

I'm a new convert. Just grabbed 3 of Nick's books last week, and can't wait for them to arrive.

One other thing: Nick's also great with the communication, and incredibly easy to deal with.

A stand-up guy!

thumbsup2.gif

Not to mention he's one hell of an organized mofo. (worship)

A stand-up guy!

thumbsup2.gif

Not to mention he's one hell of an organized mofo. (worship)

(worship) (worship) Nick's books (worship) (worship)

:popcorn: :popcorn: Waiting for Nick to post certain books :popcorn: :popcorn:

:banana: :banana: Getting a box from the mailman sent from the U.K. :banana: :banana:

whatthe whatthe Opening the box, and seeing the beautiful books inside whatthe whatthe

:cloud9: :cloud9: When the books come back from CGC with a higher grade than assigned by Nick :cloud9: :cloud9:

:acclaim: :acclaim: this message paid for by the commitee to increase sales so that Nick continues posting these beautiful books here :acclaim: :acclaim:

It took me ages to scroll through all 55 pages of this thread and still had to ask Nick to email me some scans .

Anyway I will take FF'S 217 , 221 and 225 . Flash 244 and Captain America 188 , with the other 5 comics you are holding thats 10 in total .

It took me ages to scroll through all 55 pages of this thread and still had to ask Nick to email me some scans .

Anyway I will take FF'S 217 , 221 and 225 . Flash 244 and Captain America 188 , with the other 6 comics you are holding thats 11 in total .

Fixed that for you! (thumbs u