• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which is worse

15 posts in this topic

I just bought a couple thousand collection of 70's and early 80s books and for every run of nice books and titles there were a few that I cringed everytime it showed up. I can deal with ROM, or Star Trek or Dazzler to a certain extent but when these titles showed up (especially with multiple copies) I just had to laugh.

So which is worse

Marvel

US1 or Team America

DC

Amethyst or Booster Gold or Atari Force or night Force

I just bought a couple thousand collection of 70's and early 80s books and for every run of nice books and titles there were a few that I cringed everytime it showed up. I can deal with ROM, or Star Trek or Dazzler to a certain extent but when these titles showed up (especially with multiple copies) I just had to laugh.

So which is worse

Marvel

US1 or Team America

DC

Amethyst or Booster Gold or Atari Force or night Force

Actually, as a kid reading those, I loved them all. I actually went back and reread US1 and some Amethyst recently.

There was a story about the Huka in the final issue of Atari Force that was a classic by Keith Giffen. Night Force was definitely a great read with super Gene Colan art.

US1 was just a good story from start to finish and the Golden covers didn't hurt it one bit.

I loved Team America because it was cool to read about a motorcycle team that had a mysterious super-hero guardian angel. I loved the issue with Ghost Rider and the last issue was pretty good, too. Hail Hydra!

Booster Gold was pretty good, too, but would be my least favorite of those comics.

Mike B.

Well as the DC's are some of my all time favourite series of any era I would say none of them.

Amethyst has great charm.

Booster Gold a great fun book and a nice contrast when the tone of many series became dark.

Atari Force, perhaps the worst written book of these four but wonderful Garcia-Lopez art.

Night Force - atompshperic class from Marv and Gene.

All, top, top series.

Earl.

I can deal with ROM,

I hope so!

ROM rules!

I hope licensing dosn't stop an ESSENTIAL ROM from coming eventually. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Early ROMs were some of my favorite MARVEL comics of all time - I kid you not! Didn't care for the later Ditko issues though.

So which is worse
Judging by the responses you are getting you might want to gather up about a hundred of these and sell them here in a "make an offer" thread. popcorn.gif

US 1 was cool because my dad was a truck driver, but I liked team America from their Captain America appearance

Everything you said on DC sucked

I thought Booster Gold(along with Blue Beetle and Blue Devil) were funny as heck and loved them...and don't get me started on Night Force...I have a great HG set of those puppies...loved them.