• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would anyone like to hear a ridiculously long "Lighthouse" story?

175 posts in this topic

Why couldn't you just call them and get a live person... then escalate the issue to a manager?

You're a small business and you would think they'd want to retain your business.

You would think so...

But when you look at how many 70,000+ feedback users are currently NARU, I don't think eBay cares about who they retain... confused-smiley-013.gif

Why couldn't you just call them and get a live person... then escalate the issue to a manager?

You're a small business and you would think they'd want to retain your business.

You've obviously never tried to call ebay...

I am obligated to post this image... And some obligations are not to be denied...

One of the great "Joe-Collector" moments in board history...

cgccrashmn7.jpg

LH...a great read but a couple questions...

- What was the deal with the infamous delayed OSPGs? That occured before your story started...

- Also, you still offered to sell TPBs on the Forum despite/during the troubles...some of them seriously delayed. Where does this fit in?

Just trying to give you the benefit of a doubt as what you have written so far seems to be a revision/omission to what those who followed your situation saw at the time...

Jim

LH...a great read but a couple questions...

- What was the deal with the infamous delayed OSPGs? That occured before your story started...

- Also, you still offered to sell TPBs on the Forum despite/during the troubles...some of them seriously delayed. Where does this fit in?

Just trying to give you the benefit of a doubt as what you have written so far seems to be a revision/omission to what those who followed your situation saw at the time...

Jim

The OSPGs were a combination of a Diamond shipping error and incomplete followup on my part... The Diamond error was the bigger of the two, but I could have handled the problem better than I did.

As far as TPB sales, there were none during my no-internet period. Once I reactivated my internet access, I did some occasional sales. Bad times don't end overnight and good times don't come overnight. (Unless thunderkitten is coming over tonight, then vavavavoom)...

Only two forumites really knew what my situation was like during the winter of 2004-05, stronguy and bubbagump. Even "close friends" on the board were kept somewhat at arm's length because I did not want to be any more of an FDQ than I already was. "Woe is me" is a boring story that no one wants to watch (even if there are naked hot chicks in it). As far as "revision/omission" goes, no one "following my situation" at the time was there. Even the tale I have told here (which is probably 95% of the truth) doesn't cover how bad things got for me at times. But that's irrelevant. We all have tales to tell. Everyone has pain in their lives at times. And no one really knows what it's like to live someone else's life. I have no doubt that there a dozen stories on these boards from the last couple years with a great deal more pain and misery than mine. But I didn't start the thread to tell a tale of pain and misery. I started the thread because I had finally reached a happy ending to one sub-plot of the tale. Some pain and misery was necessary background to get the story told and set the scene, but it wasn't the plot... confused-smiley-013.gif

I've had multiple PMs in the last couple hours from board members indicating they wish they had known things got that bad for me. And I appreciate the kind words, but "Worst of Times Lighthouse" had his time in the sun. And I have no plans for his return. If it comes, it comes. But I am not going to dwell on the future...

(Unless thunderkitten is coming over tonight, then vavavavoom)...

tell me more about this " thunderkitten "

She was a board member here for a while... and I believe a half-dozen board members have seen her naked... 893whatthe.gif

She was a board member here for a while... and I believe a half-dozen board members have seen her naked... 893whatthe.gif

popcorn.gif

Man....talk about dropping a deuce in a piñata...are you always this efficient at killing a good time? foreheadslap.gif

Asking for clarification is hardly "killing a good time". There were gaps in the story that needed a little elaboration...

Jim

popcorn.gif

Cue MutantKeys in 5... 4... 3...

Man....talk about dropping a deuce in a piñata...are you always this efficient at killing a good time? foreheadslap.gif

I have never quite heard a reference like that before. It makes me think you may have done it at one time? gossip.gif Care to elaborate?

popcorn.gif

Cue MutantKeys in 5... 4... 3...

acclaim.gif

popcorn.gif

Well it pales in comparison to the number who have seen Greggy naked... confused-smiley-013.gif

And I do mean "pales"...

popcorn.gif

Well it pales in comparison to the number who have seen Greggy naked... confused-smiley-013.gif

And I do mean "pales"...

893whatthe.gif