• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would anyone like to hear a ridiculously long "Lighthouse" story?

175 posts in this topic

Chapter Two: The Best of Times

We fast forward a year and a half. Our comic shop owner has closed his shop, though no one on the Boards is yet aware. The shop owner's spouse is part of a secret government task force studying the effects of voice mail on sea otters and cannot afford to have her cover blown.

Damn...

My plan to kill all the sea otters is out of the bag!

sorry.gif

OK, I've read to the end and I see that Awe4One has now crawled up your azz. The presence of Mr. "Cloud-to-your-silver-lining" is, of course, a conclusive sign that this is in fact a happy ending. cloud9.gif Congrats, TJ, and I hope you can ship your krap on time from now on. 893applaud-thumb.gif

P.S. My only question is, why are you so hot to restore ebay IDs with all of those negatives? Why not just start up new IDs? It can't take long to get positive feedback if you're selling cheap TPBs with a professional looking ebay ad.

As I stated earlier in the thread, I couldn't afford to have eBay suspend me for opening a new id while the previous ones were NARU. That offense is one they pretty much never forgive. And while I could have continued to open new private mailboxes and new checking accounts (so that the contact information wouldn't trigger a "match") there would always be the chance that they notice and wipe the id with no warning. My tpbking id was just becoming a legitimate success when the meltdown occurred; I wouldn't want to be put back in that position a couple years from now.

Besides, I actually didn't have plans to use the lighthouse_comics id. I was only planning to use the tpbking (plus a new one to represent a new joint venture I may participate in). But because the tpbking was NARU'd in conjunction with the lighthouse_comics, it has to be reinstated with the lighthouse_comics. "tpbking" has no negs...

In all likelihood I will run some auctions today from the lighthouse_comics id, assuming eBay doesn't turn the other one on before I am done with breakfast... My eBay store will have to wait until the other shoe finally drops.

All I can say is...Good luck and more power to you... thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the kind words... though they cannot erase the pain of missing thunderkitten... sorry.gif

(Unless thunderkitten is coming over tonight, then vavavavoom)...

tell me more about this " thunderkitten "

She was a board member here for a while... and I believe a half-dozen board members have seen her naked... 893whatthe.gif

hi.gif

that chick had more "issues" then Playboy foreheadslap.gif

It's a shame I switched computers since then, I could post some of the better ones.

627767-hotpicture1.jpg

She was a board member here for a while... and I believe a half-dozen board members have seen her naked... 893whatthe.gif

hi.gif

It's a shame I switched computers since then, I could post some of the better ones.

627767-hotpicture1.jpg

It's good to see you've learned how to use the resize feature.

foreheadslap.gif

Well my first round of auctions are "live" with two sales already. thumbsup2.gif

Check the thread in the Marketplace for my info. You might even learn the proper method for carrying a kitten. smile.gif

hi.gif

627767-hotpicture1.jpg

anymore popcorn.gif