• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would anyone like to hear a ridiculously long "Lighthouse" story?

175 posts in this topic

Emails 27-30:

Well, these actually weren't emails, so I can't copy them.

I went to eBay's automated system and asked "eBay live help" for answers...

Got two more rounds of ignoring replies...

But....

There is only one more email to come... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Emails 27-30:

But....

acclaim.gif

Emails 27-30:

But....

acclaim.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Emails 27-30:

But....

acclaim.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Open up a new account, call it lighthouse2, and get on with it. Probably take less time than the last 20 f'n emails and you will be "open for business" tomorrow!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Believe me when I say that the customer service people responsible for NARU'ing duplicate accounts are FAR more efficient than the workers restoring them... And if they catch you going that route they will never release the original accounts... sorry.gif You can undo "bad contact info" , but you can't undo "I intentionally broke an eBay rule by registering an account while suspended"...

...but your better half can open her own account , call it lighthouse3

Email 31, sent to My EBay Message Folder:

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for faxing in to eBay in regard to your Seller Non-Performance

appeal.

After reviewing the documentation, I'm pleased to inform you that your

account (lighthouse_comics) has been reinstated. You will shortly

receive a separate email confirming that your account is now active. As

for the tpbking account, we still require a Proof of Identity, since it

was not provided in the latest fax. Please fax/mail a copy of a Proof of

Identity for the tpbking account at your convenience.

You can fax this information to eBay:

Attn: SNP Appeals

(877) 471-2004

*Be sure to include your user ID on any faxed communication.

Once you fax this information; please send us a quick email indicating

the day your fax was sent, and the number you are faxing from. Your fax

will be reviewed upon receipt of your email. This process generally

takes 48-72 hours.

If you are not able to fax this information, you may mail it to us at

the following address:

eBay Inc.

Attn: SNP Appeals

PO Box 1469

Draper, UT 84020

Now, please note that any listings or bids that were cancelled when the

lighthouse_comics account was suspended will not be reinstated.

To help ensure your future trading success, we strongly encourage you to

ship items in a timely manner. We would also like to take this

opportunity to encourage you to take extra care in accurately and

thoroughly describing the value and condition of the items you sell on

eBay. Misrepresenting items and failing to deliver items is against eBay

policy. Violations of eBay policies may result in a range of actions,

including listing cancellation, limits on account privileges, account

suspension, forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, and loss of

PowerSeller status.

If you ever have a question or concern about the status of this or any

other account you own, please visit eBay Help for information and access

to eBay Customer Support. Just click the "Help" tab at the top of any

eBay page. You will be guided to the group that can best address your

question or concern.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Hakeem

eBay Customer Support

I would like to publicly announce my gay love for Hakeem in eBay Customer Support. thumbsup2.gif

I still have to contact them about the other proof of identity (which was faxed on the same page so they can't possibly not have it). But lighthouse_comics is no longer NARU.

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Open up a new account, call it lighthouse2, and get on with it. Probably take less time than the last 20 f'n emails and you will be "open for business" tomorrow!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Believe me when I say that the customer service people responsible for NARU'ing duplicate accounts are FAR more efficient than the workers restoring them... And if they catch you going that route they will never release the original accounts... sorry.gif You can undo "bad contact info" , but you can't undo "I intentionally broke an eBay rule by registering an account while suspended"...

...but your better half can open her own account , call it lighthouse3

One of the two accounts I use is in her name (hence the double emails). gossip.gif

I still have to contact them about the other proof of identity (which was faxed on the same page so they can't possibly not have it). But lighthouse_comics is no longer NARU.

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Somewhere capeguy1955 is stoking up his snipe-machine 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Great Story 'House thumbsup2.gif

btw, ebay sucks donkey when it comes to customer service

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif only 31 f'n emails to get it right

why doesn't change to *spoon* in my post??

We asked the mods to exclude it years ago because it didn't give Robin a fair shake...

Well I for one do not hold a grudge... but why that guy gave me 6 negs and 9 neutrals for books he admits that he DID receive I have no idea... confused-smiley-013.gif

Well I for one do not hold a grudge... but why that guy gave me 6 negs and 9 neutrals for books he admits that he DID receive I have no idea... confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah and just imagine, now that you're back on eBay you are allowed to deal with people like that all day again cloud9.gif

Yeah and just imagine, now that you're back on eBay you are allowed to deal with people like that all day again cloud9.gif

so how soon before a Forumite wins a lighthouse_comics auction and negs him back off the grid again?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

Heck, I haven't been involved in an eBay auction in 32 months... I have no clue how things even work now... I have been a Powerseller with four different IDs in the past, but I hope the learning curve isn't too steep...

In all likelihood I will see about launching some auctions tomorrow. I wish they had restarted the tpbking id instead of the lighthouse_comics one, just because I need to get my store up and running again.

But one nice thing is I can now contact Hakeem FROM the lighthouse_comics id and get him to handle to tpbking reinstatement personally... thumbsup2.gif

And then I can give him oral pleasure... stooges.gif

btw, ebay sucks donkey when it comes to customer service

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif only 31 f'n emails to get it right

why doesn't change to *spoon* in my post??

We asked the mods to exclude it years ago because it didn't give Robin a fair shake...

oh, poor doesn't get a fair shake.... I feel his pain.

on a good note, seeing that lighthouse_comics is back in biz, at least board members will know who it is!!

thumbsup2.gif

Why couldn't you just call them and get a live person... then escalate the issue to a manager?

You're a small business and you would think they'd want to retain your business.