• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would anyone like to hear a ridiculously long "Lighthouse" story?

175 posts in this topic

That story was even better than Chuckles discovery of the Mile High Collection (told in 27 parts). 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

For what it's worth, I already have exchanged six additional emails trying to get the other id back... now I have been told I need to refax... again... ah well...

That story was even better than Chuckles discovery of the Mile High Collection (told in 27 parts). 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif
Chris is out of the witness protection program. hi.gif

That's good.. He's three years past due in loaning me his couch. thumbsup2.gif

hi.gif 2 moves in 6 months takes it's toll.

That's good.. He's three years past due in loaning me his couch. thumbsup2.gif

Anytime. Come to Heroes Con. I'm in the Dirty South now.

Got a little follow-up to the story...

Still waiting on the "eBay reactivating the tpbking" side of the equation. Have now exchanged another 17 emails since I last reported in. Still no definite progress. Have refaxed my photo-id enough times that it is probably on the back of a milk carton by now.

But...

In the spirit of full disclosure I thought I should pass this along...

The PayPal address tied to the tpbking account is locked, and has been since 2004. Not having access to an email address tied to it, they locked it down. I sent a total of one email to PayPal attempting to address the situation and got no response in three days. So I mucked around on the PayPal website and found a phone number...

I just got off the phone from a 35-minute phone conversation with "Tammy" in PayPal's customer service department. She traced the lock status for me, determined that I had a negative balance to rectify (balance of -$18.93). She walked me through the process of how to transfer money from another PayPal account (without using money from buyers which is verboten) to bring the account to zero. She contacted three other departments to confirm the other steps I would need to take. She emailed me a form letter to fill out while I was on the phone with her, and was still on the phone with me to process it when I was done. And she told me everything I would need to do to get the lock removed. Whole process will be done in 48 hours and after the phone call all I need to do is send one email.

She did all of this even though I did not have access to the registered email address AND did not remember the last four digits of the credit card tied to the account (an account long since closed). She asked me enough other questions to verify it was me, then took the ball and ran with it...

At the close of the call, I told her that her customer service was impeccable, and described the difference between the service I received from PayPal and the service I received from her parent company. She reminded me that they answer the phone from 4am to 10pm and are there seven days a week to address any problems I may have.

Night. Meet Day... foreheadslap.gif

I will skip the intervening 26 emails between the "end of the story" and 4am this morning...

But after nearly three years...

There are no longer any bold red letters in the upper right corner of this page.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

This seller is not currently offering any items for sale

confused-smiley-013.gif

I will skip the intervening 26 emails between the "end of the story" and 4am this morning...

But after nearly three years...

There are no longer any bold red letters in the upper right corner of this page.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

This seller is not currently offering any items for sale

confused-smiley-013.gif

{yoda voice}

Oh... I will be... I will be...

{/yoda voice}

Actually I have around 500-800 auctions to launch before this weekend. Then the following week I will start getting my eBay store back up. The website with full shopping cart goes up sometime in May... Then we begin Phase One... Collect Underpants! yay.gif

all that hassle for a 137 feedback?

That wasn't the point... The 137 feedback was amassed in less than four months. So future feedback is the bigger concern. I wouldn't be surprised if I am pushing 1000 by the end of 2007. But more importantly, while that account was locked down, I couldn't start any new ones with confidence because at any moment, the eBay police could swoop in and dust them. Plus, it's relatively easy (3 years plus a couple hundred emails easy) to get reinstated from normal billing greggy... But if you intentionally open a new account while your primary account is banned and they find out, you pretty much lock yourself out of ever having an eBay id in your name again.

That, and it is somehow sweet to have successfully massaged a bureaucracy to submission... cloud9.gif

Now it's time to take on the DMV, the phone company, and greggy's security system... yay.gif

Hurry up already! I miss the good old days of buying trades and hard covers from 'house. At the rate I was buying them from you I could have put Chrisco's first three children through college, or at least paid for their GED tests. Besides, I am tired of giving my money to Amazon and Mile High.

Now it's time to take on the DMV, the phone company, and greggy's security system... yay.gif
This is his log-in

screwy.gif

and this is his password

yeahok.gif

Took a few tries but I broke the code.

Hurry up already! I miss the good old days of buying trades and hard covers from 'house. At the rate I was buying them from you I could have put Chrisco's first three children through college, or at least paid for their GED tests. Besides, I am tired of giving my money to Amazon and Mile High.

flowerred.gif

Chrisco's first three children are already through college... confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh...

You meant the ones he knows about... foreheadslap.gif