• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

30,000+. Add in 50+ statues and nearly a thousand action figures, and you have one filled-up comic room.

Pictures? :shy:

Happy to!

I posted my comic room in the CG thread a while back in two installments (as I worked on getting it set up). The first was here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=4388386&Searchpage=2&Main=89816&Words=ChiSoxFan&topic=0&Search=true#Post4388386

The second (after I got some of the statues set up) was on this page:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1623360&fpart=491

I have a handful of other sweet books (an Avengers #4, an Action 252, and a Detective 359 to name a few) that I've picked up since the photos that aren't shown there.

ETA: I just noticed you'd commented on the second set of pics, so it looks like you saw some of it already. :hi:

I have some toys,but you my friend.......Wow! :o

30,000+. Add in 50+ statues and nearly a thousand action figures, and you have one filled-up comic room.

Pictures? :shy:

Happy to!

I posted my comic room in the CG thread a while back in two installments (as I worked on getting it set up). The first was here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=4388386&Searchpage=2&Main=89816&Words=ChiSoxFan&topic=0&Search=true#Post4388386

The second (after I got some of the statues set up) was on this page:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1623360&fpart=491

I have a handful of other sweet books (an Avengers #4, an Action 252, and a Detective 359 to name a few) that I've picked up since the photos that aren't shown there.

ETA: I just noticed you'd commented on the second set of pics, so it looks like you saw some of it already. :hi:

Wow. Just... wow. (thumbs u

65,000 Plus

:o holy shnikees!

Where the heck do you put them? Do you have anywhere to walk around in your house? Have you ever considered building an igloo with all of your long boxes lol.

I'm at less than 100, just 1 short box that has all of my comics, TPBs and graphic novels, and I still have room for my bags and boards in there as well. I'm not sure if I could ever have more than a few long boxes. I do love reading comics, but reading them on my computer/tablet is just fine for me and then picking up important issues.

65,000 Plus

:o holy shnikees!

Where the heck do you put them? Do you have anywhere to walk around in your house? Have you ever considered building an igloo with all of your long boxes lol.

I'm at less than 100, just 1 short box that has all of my comics, TPBs and graphic novels, and I still have room for my bags and boards in there as well. I'm not sure if I could ever have more than a few long boxes. I do love reading comics, but reading them on my computer/tablet is just fine for me and then picking up important issues.

I am always acquiring new stuff that has to be inventoried. The majority of the long boxes are on shelves in the basement. The good stuff is scattered around in a few different places.

I just filled my first long box(which hold approx 400 bag and boarded), and have a decent start on my new short box. So I'd say I'm roughly at 450-475, the Marvel and DC relaunches have really helped bolster my collection, lol.

Usually I'll buy a regular cover to read and a variant to collect. I'm a huge sucker for these Skottie Young baby variants, they just crack me up everytime I look at them.

65K? Wow. That's one of the larger personal collections I've heard of. CONGRATS!

I hit over 20,000 comics according to my ComicBase DB last year so I likely have another few hundred now. I also have a few animation cels, a few hundred statues and busts, original art, dozens of action figures (that are still in boxes because I can't find a place to display them in my newer house) and all kinds of other .

I still get comics weekly so the collection is constantly growing. For the most part I stopped hunting silver age and up books and just read new stuff and golden age books now. But I still buy Bowen busts / statues and get a few commissioned pieces done on the side too. I've even slowed down with that as I'm running out of room. I've got stuff I don't even have room to display now!

I'm at about 9,000 comics, maybe 75 TPB/HC's, and about 500+ misc SW/GI Joe/Transformers etc. action figures, about 98% of which are all still MISB. I have no more room for sure. I definitely want a showcase room some day to display my stuff properly.

Down to 7 long boxes now... and it seems I will never sell some of them unless I want to take 10¢ a copy on some things.

I think I'd rather throw them on the ground & pee on them than sell them for 10¢.

-slym

Down to 7 long boxes now... and it seems I will never sell some of them unless I want to take 10¢ a copy on some things.

I think I'd rather throw them on the ground & pee on them than sell them for 10¢.

-slym

My Spidey senses say YouTube video! :applause:

I have around 2,700

I had a huge collection of Star Wars and Star Trek action figures but I've sold most of those.

Still have my original GI Joe with the life like hair and Johnny West figures which I'm sure most people don't know what those are :)