• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
10 10

748 posts in this topic

Rich: Yes the Canadian WM Black hole is much appreciative of his copy and what namisgr did for me. It won't be forgotten. It was like the FF#1 trade, myself being Brulato and namisgr as Schmell, just on a smaller scale :)

Jim

Rich: Yes the Canadian WM Black hole is much appreciative of his copy and what namisgr did for me. It won't be forgotten. It was like the FF#1 trade, myself being Brulato and namisgr as Schmell, just on a smaller scale :)

Jim

lol It's probably the best 9.2 I've seen of that book (thumbs u Enjoy!!

Ok, I need your opinions, how did I do on these?

JIM 87

JIM 105

and

JIM 109

JIM 103

JIM 106

-Denny

I'd say you did very well overall. The #105,106, and 109 all went for either slightly below or equal to GPA averages. The #87 is a new high for that grade, though not suprising as copies in 8.0 or higher don't surface that often. The absolute steal is the #103. GPA average for that book is $582.93 and the last copy sold for $896.25!!! :o GREAT pickup!! :applause: Wish I'd seen it first!! lol

Wish the guy could have at least taken the #87 out of the bag before taking pictures of it but a nice selection of books.

And I've feared all along comics being strangulated within the slabs themselves...not on top of that choking the life out of them in a plastic bag...???:o(shrug)

I figured some of you seasoned guys who've been to shows and seen sales from comic link and other venues would have a better idea, thanks for the feedback! It doesn't sound too bad so I'm happy. Early JIM cgc 9.2 and up books are out of my league so I have to work within my budget. :)

Edited by megaweapon

The absolute steal is the #103. GPA average for that book is $582.93 and the last copy sold for $896.25!!! :o GREAT pickup!! :applause: Wish I'd seen it first!! lol

And isn't 103 one of the hard ones to get in high grade?

Here is my replacement copy. Remarkably, I've now owned 3 pedigree copies of this ish (also the Green River copy). Although the WM is the nicest of the bunch, this one is only a smidgen behind, and it makes my fourth Massachusetts pedigree copy in my JIM run.

JIM91Mass.jpg

2 great ped examples of this book!! :cloud9: The WM does seem a little nicer. hm

I hope that Canadian WM black hole appreciates his copy!!! :baiting:

JIM 91 White Mountain, Green River, Mass, all in 9.2 - Bah!!! :baiting:

Here's the Sid's Luncheonette copy that i sold a couple of years back. (PQ was ow/w) The buyer also grabbed FF's 15 and 25 in 9.2 and Sgt Fury 13 & ST 114 in 9.0........quite a haul... :grin:

SidsMarvelsJIMsA021-1.jpg

Arex...here you go,

My copy of JIM #83. Nothing really special about a CGC 3.0, but...

I actually bought this book off the newstand in 1962 and it's been in my collection ever since!!! One of the very few books I have left from my original owner collection. Hope to have this as part of my collection for many years to come.

— Rick

JIM-83.jpg

Arex...here you go,

My copy of JIM #83. Nothing really special about a CGC 3.0, but...

I actually bought this book off the newstand in 1962 and it's been in my collection ever since!!! One of the very few books I have left from my original owner collection. Hope to have this as part of my collection for many years to come.

— Rick

JIM-83.jpg

Presents very well + great provenance!! :applause:

Fantastic book Rick and excellent that you still have it. That same month my Dad bought AF#15 off the rack but sold that back in 1980 :cry:

Its a great looking 3.0, are there hidden defects that brought it down? Neil