• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could only have 5 golden age comics

89 posts in this topic

That's because Sean....AKA Crowzilla is one of the most knowledgable collectors on the planet!

Steve

Apparently so!

blush.gif

thanks guys, but just listing a few i'd read over and over and one i definitely look at all the time.

That's because Sean....AKA Crowzilla is one of the most knowledgable collectors on the planet!

Steve

Um, you have a little....uh...something...uh...brown thing...on your nose...

...not brown my friend...but maybe a little green, as in collector knowledge envy.

Did you read this ?

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=14271&si=124

wish we could have 10 GA books, but here goes...

Action Comics # 1

Detective Comics # 27

Superman # 1

Action Comics # 48 (have this already, but would never want to be without it grin.gif )

Superman # 14 (ditto for this one)

now, if I could choose 5 more to round up to 10 books.

Captain America # 1

Human Torch # 12

Detective Comics # 31

Action Comics # 7

Batman # 1

Don't think I have made a post on this topic yet but aside form the obvious mega keys that may be out of reach price wise I'd go with these books:

- Sub-Mariner Comics #32, got it. grin.gif

- Captain America Comics #74, got it. cloud9.gif

- Human Torch #12, got it. hail.gif

- More Fun #54, need it. frown.gif

- All Select #1, need it. juggle.gif

I don't have any LBC's. I'm really curious as to what these three are all about:

1196337-NGAC2-ThrillingCrimeCases49.jpg

My old copy cloud9.gif

Steve

Um, you have a little....uh...something...uh...brown thing...on your nose...

...not brown my friend...but maybe a little green, as in collector knowledge envy.

Did you read this ?

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=14271&si=124

Oh wow! You're kidding! You read an article! Boy, I am jealous. I guess all the dealings I had with Sean in the past mean nothing now.

Well, off to commit suicide!

New Fun 1 - just feels so ...old... dawn of the DC universe

Action 1 - first Superdude... it's soooo right... even though he's not my #1 favorite hero - and the rest of the book still full of that old DC flavor

Det 27 - Bats... who is my #1 favorite... and rest of the book full of old pre-hero flavor

The Comics Magazine 1 ... that baseball cover... great DC/Centaur mix - what a rare, old book should look/feel like

Marvel 1 - i'm a DC guy but c'mon - this is fire & water & the start of the whole Marvel shebang...

Cap 1

All Select 1

Suspense 3

Marvel 1

Human Torch 12

This list is based on either Character or love of the cover not $! cool.gif

If I was a DC guy......

More Fun 52

Action 13

Flash Comics 1

All American 16

Tec 35

On a side note, I was looking at all the pre robin Tec's in Gerber and came to the realization that 27 is really one of, if not the best cover. Yet when I see it I am tickled but not Wow'ed, I think this is because you see reproductions of the cover so much, as opposed to say a 29 or a 35 which you hardly ever see. JMHO!

I got to thinking a little more and the only way I would only own 5 comics would be in a semi nazi state which only allowed 5 comics, and even then I would break the law. Either that or stranded on a desert Island, and then I'd rather have a woman and beer then comics. Ya just can't pick only five, I feel like I am leaving friends behind.

I got to thinking a little more and the only way I would only own 5 comics would be in a semi nazi state which only allowed 5 comics, and even then I would break the law. Either that or stranded on a desert Island, and then I'd rather have a woman and beer then comics. Ya just can't pick only five, I feel like I am leaving friends behind.

I like the women and beer part. Why don't you bring those when we meet up in Chicago? I am pretty sure I can trade you for an exhibitors badge!

I'm so glad someone brought up choosing a woman over comics on a desert island. Just make sure you don't bring any tools, or she will have you fixing and buikding and improving things. Don't ever let a woman or her family know that you're handy...you will never rest.Especially on a deserted island.

I like the women and beer part. Why don't you bring those when we meet up in Chicago? I am pretty sure I can trade you for an exhibitors badge!

Yeah ... and then you can press 'em and flip 'em for a profit!

Yeah ... and then you can press 'em and flip 'em for a profit!

The women, or the beer?