• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rarest comics and white whales - What are they?

188 posts in this topic

1) In your opinion, other than 1 of 1 produced comics, what is the rarest comic? List your top 3 choices based on production numbers and demand.

2) I took me 3 years of continuous and strenuous searching to find a Wolverine 90 newstand edition. I recently, after 5 years of the same searching, found newstand editions of ASM Annuals 98 and 99. What comic seems to elude you and is impossible to find? List your top 5 white whales.

For me it has to be a Mark Jewelers variant with the spine intact? flowerred.gif

I've got two copies now of Zap #2 (1st print with the "Head First" offset downward error), and know of a few other copies, but this one is still my top lookout and I'm paying more than what they go for on ebay if anyone has one. I picked up 2 (by the same seller) of the only 3 I've seen on ebay since I started looking for them a few months ago...

1)First Spirit section in midgrade or better

2)Last 11 Spirit sections in midgrade or better

I believe they're out there, it's just prying them out of people's personal collections.

Angelo

For me it has to be a Mark Jewelers variant with the spine intact? flowerred.gif

I've got two copies now of Zap #2 (1st print with the "Head First" offset downward error), and know of a few other copies, but this one is still my top lookout and I'm paying more than what they go for on ebay if anyone has one. I picked up 2 (by the same seller) of the only 3 I've seen on ebay since I started looking for them a few months ago...

Scan/pic?

Not this issue is it?

ZAP

i'll be straight up on this one.

i just don't know enough about comics to know what the "rarest" ones are.

so it'll be interesting to see what gets posted

Lots of other people around here know rare comics much better than I so I'll just relate my personal experiances...

1)"Green Giant Comics" seems to be a toughy to find although I have seen one copy sold on Heritage and I know of another person that has a high grade copy.

2)I have for a long time searched for a raw copy of "Blood is the Harvest" and was recently succesful in getting one. There are very few of these around.

3)"YellowJacket Comics" seems to be a bear to find in high grade. Alas I sold mine in the early daze of eBay.