• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't you hate it when a "bad news" eBay seller has a real nice Tec 15?

21 posts in this topic

.....I sure do. We all know how rare it is to see a mid-grade, truly Scarce and attractive pre-Bat Tec available on eBay...especially raw ( my preference ). I would go after this book in 1 second, if it were not being sold by a very high risk, TERRIBLE feedback seller. Real shame...............

Just another example of how the books we deal in are innocent, and its the people associated with them that screw it all up. Christo_pull_hair.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...bayphotohosting

I have reason to believe this guy is not going to buy a nice GA bag and board, carefully place the book inside, secure it between 2 pieces of flat cardboard, and send it in a sturdy shipping box with packing peanuts......and all within 48 hours of receiving payment, while offering a full refund if you are not completely satifsfied..........just a "hunch"

Steve

I have reason to believe this guy is not going to buy a nice GA bag and board, carefully place the book inside, secure it between 2 pieces of flat cardboard, and send it in a sturdy shipping box with packing peanuts......and all within 48 hours of receiving payment, while offering a full refund if you are not completely satifsfied..........just a "hunch"

Steve

Yeah...I hear that...but someone may also get a nice deal because of that.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Steve

Yeah...I hear that...but someone may also get a nice deal because of that.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif

Steve

hi.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

.........and what's causing that slightly darker yellow blotchy area to the left of the "D" in Detective, and small discoloration under the black line that's right below the "1938"? Is that some kinda yellow marker amateur color touch, or just a color variation of the original yellow pigment? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

this is a perfect example of why CGC exists. We don't trust the seller especially for restoration and grading. But for the most part we would trust that IF the book was slabbed.

Heck I might even trust a book from MRGA/POPSCOMICS if it was slabbed.

Good eyes, guys. Looks like there's also yellow c/t on some small creases and tears along the right edge of the cover.... Don't see how it could be anything else.

The questionable areas show up even more in the negative:

tec15_03.jpg

Whoa thats cool, how did you get that picture? Also, where is the restoration? I'm trying to learn how to detect the.. Any help would be great

Whoa thats cool, how did you get that picture? Also, where is the restoration? I'm trying to learn how to detect the.. Any help would be great

Most photo software have options for making a negative image; this was done in IrfanView.

These areas look they might have had c/t:

1797714-tec15_neg_ct.JPG

1797714-tec15_neg_ct.JPG.c78c5396c9579c5977e4428981b48028.JPG

The real sad part is that the Yellow area's in question, and I believe there is no question...CT most certainly! Is that the yellow is extremely bright and fresh, which indicates to me that the book has been dressed for sale, and most likely right before the pics were taken. Can't prove this, but yellow is a high fade color, if exposed to time, air, light it fades very quickly. These areas on the color scan show up vividly and pounce out, which tells me the CT is recent. JMHO! foreheadslap.gif

Which is a real shame, cause the book does not benifit from this CT at all!

The real sad part is that the Yellow area's in question, and I believe there is no question...CT most certainly! Is that the yellow is extremely bright and fresh, which indicates to me that the book has been dressed for sale, and most likely right before the pics were taken. Can't prove this, but yellow is a high fade color, if exposed to time, air, light it fades very quickly. These areas on the color scan show up vividly and pounce out, which tells me the CT is recent. JMHO! foreheadslap.gif

Which is a real shame, cause the book does not benifit from this CT at all!

Worse part is that it doesn't look like its removal CT. frown.gif