• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats YOUR silver age Fav??

51 posts in this topic

Well Ive been itching to spend some hard earned cash on perhaps a silverage key. More specifically, an x-men #1! But there are plenty of other books out there that have caught my interest. Avengers #4, amz spider-man #50 just to name a few. My question is what is your favorite/most treasured silver age book? popcorn.gif

Based on your comment to buy, I wonder what the price differential is on the 3 books you mentioned, all being the same grade of course.

As for my picks, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...you're going in Marvel's direction. So I'll go DC -just for a goof.

Let's see now, what title to choose? Ah heck, go with JLA.

But it is a split: favorite would be #9 Origin issue, but most treasured would be #21 w/JSA. cuz it's a 9.2 !!

Hope my objective choices help. insane.gif

Rick

As for my picks, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...you're going in Marvel's direction. So I'll go DC -just for a goof.

Let's see now, what title to choose? Ah heck, go with JLA.

But it is a split: favorite would be #9 Origin issue, but most treasured would be #21 w/JSA. cuz it's a 9.2 !!

Hope my objective choices help. insane.gif

Rick

stooges.gif

Actually, of the 3 you mentioned:

Avengers #4 is apparently VERY common compared to other keys in that era/time frame.

Spidey #50 is very popular (especially for the cover), but...

X-Men #1 would be the one to get because 1) It's the X-Men & 2) It's a #1.

(but of course would pail in comparison to a JLA #1, natch). sumo.gif

Rick

My question is what is your favorite/most treasured silver age book?

Tough to say. In terms of value, I guess it would have to be my B&B 28. In terms of sheer reading enjoyment, it would have to be the various JSA cross-over issues in JLA.

And of course thinking outside the narrow Marvel/DC box for a minute, any of the SA Uncle Scrooges containing new Carl Barks stories would rank way up there.

Well Ive been itching to spend some hard earned cash on perhaps a silverage key. More specifically, an x-men #1! But there are plenty of other books out there that have caught my interest. Avengers #4, amz spider-man #50 just to name a few. My question is what is your favorite/most treasured silver age book? popcorn.gif

If your after a silver age key for a fair bit of cash, I guess we're talking an encapsulated book.

For shear cover enjoyment (and knowledge there's a fantastic story inside), you can't go past Silver Surfer #4!

And it's a popular book, and has been since the day it hit the stands!

So many great books...I also like SS#4, It has a great cover and story. However if you are going for major keys a SS4 don't really compare to Xmen1, FF1, or ASM1 fantasy15. Seems like everyone is talking Marvel there are a ton of great DC issues out there.

So many great books...I also like SS#4, It has a great cover and story. However if you are going for major keys a SS4 don't really compare to Xmen1, FF1, or ASM1 fantasy15. Seems like everyone is talking Marvel there are a ton of great DC issues out there.

Though it does compare on budget. I'm assuming the guy is looking at a couple of grand, not over 20 grand to splurg for a reasonably graded key.

ASM 31 is definitely a great read, and a fun cover.

... I'm just going to be generic and say SA ASMs in general. I really just dig the art and the stories as dated as they sometimes are. Yay for Ditko and Romita!!! laugh.gif

I would have said my FF 5 easy, but I picked up a nice FF 2 signed by Stan last year.

It would be a close call... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif