• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man Reign

10 posts in this topic

Hey all, just curious what your thoughts were on "Spider-Man: Reign"-- was it a good mini-series? It seems like it has a lot of buzz, but I'm really not as up to date on my modern stuff. How's the art and storyline? Is it going to be a real pain to collect (i.e. FMV is running high?)? I haven't really researched it yet crazy.gif Thoughts?

I got through issue 1 in the hard cover and fell asleep. Will get to it someday long down the line unless i sell it first.

The art is awful as if it were drawn with markers. Actually, I think it was drawn with markers! The story is just "okay" and wants to be The Dark Knight Returns soooo bad. It's way overrated and as a Spidey collector let's just say this: I sold my set of "Reign" at the last Virtual Comic-Con we had.

the covers all looked great, but it's just to lure you in 27_laughing.gif. and no matter how wizard or other people are trying to compare it to The Dark Knight Returns it falls short. the only reason i finished it was cuz i didn't have anything else to read at the time.