• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: OT Posts

142 posts in this topic

Maybe a Comics Water Cooler above Comics General is in order? Not that I'd go there, necessarily, but at least I'd know who's posting...

Dan

I agree.

John

The problem is that the coinees will then cry that they don't get their own WC, and then the Sportscard people...well, nevermind them since I don't think they actually exist 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But you get the point.

So if each group gets their own WC, should they change the WC to the WC WC? What a headache... frustrated.gif

Should we have a Water Cooler and a Water Closet?
Then Greggy can come out the closet. yay.gif
With you in my arms cloud9.gif

Should we have a Water Cooler and a Water Closet?
Then Greggy can come out the closet. yay.gif
With you in my arms cloud9.gif
popcorn.gif
Greggy must be dreaming during one of his naps. popcorn.gif

Now, if only a hero would rise up and mount an all-out shill assault on the coinees and their precious upstairs real estate... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1819290-Zorro.JPG

I nominate you hail.gif

Maybe a Comics Water Cooler above Comics General is in order? Not that I'd go there, necessarily, but at least I'd know who's posting...

Dan

I agree.

John

The problem is that the coinees will then cry that they don't get their own WC, and then the Sportscard people...well, nevermind them since I don't think they actually exist 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But you get the point.

So if each group gets their own WC, should they change the WC to the WC WC? What a headache... frustrated.gif

27_laughing.gif Sportscard people 27_laughing.gif that place is like a Ghost town... a couple of posts a week

I agree. I never go to the WC. I forget it's even there as I log onto the chats via cgccomics.com and not collectors-society.com. To navigate from the WC back and forth to our comics chats is a bit of a hassle IMO, thus I rarely have ever been there.

Plus what everyone else says...I'd rather get the opinions of people who I know and hang out in CG.

27_laughing.gif It was bound to happen, John--at last we've broken our unprecedented streak on agreeing on things!

All I can say to folks who don't like the WC, or never think about going there, is: "tough 893censored-thumb.gif". I think it's not that difficult for folks to make that extra click to go to a different section of the boards.

As for the complaint about not liking to hang out with strangers, if everyone here who has been posting in OT threads would start posting in the WC, the number of comic posters would quickly overwhelm the weirdos who normally hang out up there. Seriously, I think there are about 5 guys there who seem to have the run of the place and seem to have everyone here freaked out about going into the WC. Also, I've found the best way to keep the weirdos out of a thread is to ignore them whenever they do try to post in a thread. We've had soccer threads running for about 3 years now, and every now and then one of them will pop in and try to pick a fight. They just get ignored and then they disappear.

no, since Arch won't budge, the people who enjoy OT posts will have to work around it. those who don't, won't.

and if all the people who enjoy the OT threads all went to the WC to post their OT threads together, then the unfamiliarity of the WC would no longer be a problem.

893applaud-thumb.gif

One of the things that's slightly confusing me is all this talk of having to 'go to the Water Cooler' and discussing issues with 'strangers'?

Are we talking a journey of many miles here?

Or perhaps merely having to change computers?

Or maybe even simply logging out, going to another site and logging in there?

Nah, none of that...all we have to do is click a button...as simple as going from one page of this thread to the next.

And this is a problem because...? confused-smiley-013.gif

just being around TJ and Thing crazy.gifinsane.gif

Yeah, and I can't think of two people that I don't like down here. yeahok.gif

People like to complain. Consider tth2: I don't know that I've ever seen ANYONE jump in on the tail end of more arguments only to later turn around and bemoan the existence of said arguments than that little fella. Why, I think he did it thirty or forty times this weekend alone.

And I have a feeling another such person will make an appearance in this thread before it is all said and done... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

acclaim.gif Wouldn't want to disappoint my fan club!

By the way, if I seem to jump in on the tail end of arguments, it's because I'm 12 hours ahead (or behind, depending on which way you look at it) of most of you guys. gossip.gif

Also, I've found the best way to keep the weirdos out of a thread is to ignore them whenever they do try to post in a thread.

Quick everyone...ignore tth2.

I thought everyone already ignored me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Also, I've found the best way to keep the weirdos out of a thread is to ignore them whenever they do try to post in a thread.

Quick everyone...ignore tth2.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't know what the problem is.

Don't know there is a watercooler? Now you know.

Don't know anyone there? Start posting there and you will. You didn't know anyone here either until you started posting.

Want opinions from other comic collectors? If all off topic posts are put there, they will follow and post in your thread.

Real simple to me.

confused-smiley-013.gif