• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: OT Posts

142 posts in this topic

Don't know what the problem is.

Don't know there is a watercooler? Now you know.

Don't know anyone there? Start posting there and you will. You didn't know anyone here either until you started posting.

Want opinions from other comic collectors? If all off topic posts are put there, they will follow and post in your thread.

Real simple to me.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Can you solve the Middle East crisis next? poke2.gif

Don't know what the problem is.

Don't know there is a watercooler? Now you know.

Don't know anyone there? Start posting there and you will. You didn't know anyone here either until you started posting.

Want opinions from other comic collectors? If all off topic posts are put there, they will follow and post in your thread.

Real simple to me.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Can you solve the Middle East crisis next? poke2.gif

Actually yes. I'll post my solution in the WC when i get some time.

stooges.gif

Maybe a Comics Water Cooler above Comics General is in order? Not that I'd go there, necessarily, but at least I'd know who's posting...

Dan

I agree.

John

The problem is that the coinees will then cry that they don't get their own WC, and then the Sportscard people...well, nevermind them since I don't think they actually exist 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But you get the point.

So if each group gets their own WC, should they change the WC to the WC WC? What a headache... frustrated.gif

No big deal. Put a WC in Coins and Comics and Cards. And get rid of the real WC. Why the mods don't understand this is beyond me. I've moderated and even started many message boards since the 80's and it is really no big deal. It takes almost no effort to create them and little if any more effort to moderate them.

Basically this is a ludicrous situation. There should never have been a WC in the frist place. Go up there and take a look. It is almost all c r a p.

Put an OT in each area and let the folks who know each other and share an interest in comics, coins or cards OT with each other.

I'd LOVE to hear a REAL reason from the mods on why this is such a bad idea.

Put an OT in each area and let the folks who know each other and share an interest in comics, coins or cards OT with each other.

I think the CGC guys have a bet going with their coin and card counterparts as to who is toughest, and set up the WC as a place that all the hobby-ists can co-mingle on "neutral" turf so they can observe who dominates the others.

Maybe a Comics Water Cooler above Comics General is in order? Not that I'd go there, necessarily, but at least I'd know who's posting...

Dan

I agree.

John

The problem is that the coinees will then cry that they don't get their own WC, and then the Sportscard people...well, nevermind them since I don't think they actually exist 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But you get the point.

So if each group gets their own WC, should they change the WC to the WC WC? What a headache... frustrated.gif

No big deal. Put a WC in Coins and Comics and Cards. And get rid of the real WC. Why the mods don't understand this is beyond me. I've moderated and even started many message boards since the 80's and it is really no big deal. It takes almost no effort to create them and little if any more effort to moderate them.

Basically this is a ludicrous situation. There should never have been a WC in the frist place. Go up there and take a look. It is almost all c r a p.

Especially considering the comic guys account for 90-95% of the users of the boards. Yet, the moda, who are a coinees, doesn't feel we know what we are talking about.

I'm not sure why we're even talking about all this. OT posts will continue to get posted in CG just "in moderation", same as its always been. This place self moderates pretty well and will continue to.

The last time this came up I was the one doing the crying about OT posts. I bumped every OT post there was on the first three pages and as a result there were no on topic posts left on the first page.

My point was made and OT posts died down. Now I find myself in the position of not having a problem with OT posts. Mostly because I've been around long enough to learn that panties get bunched, un-bunched, twisted, changed, sniffed.......oh, this may not be a good analogy.......Any way, everything tends to work itself out in the long run, and people either adapt or fade away. Next week it will be someone else crying about something else and this conversation will fade into memory......until someone else brings it up again in a couple of years.......

I'm not sure why we're even talking about all this.
Someone bellyached. gossip.gif
OT posts will continue to get posted in CG just "in moderation", same as its always been. This place self moderates pretty well and will continue to.
Agreed. This place is pretty cool. thumbsup2.gif

panties get bunched, un-bunched,
Yep tongue.gif
Next week it will be someone else crying about something else and this conversation will fade into memory......until someone else brings it up again in a couple of years.......
Exactly. thumbsup2.gif Nothing to see here.

Next week it will be someone else crying about something else and this conversation will fade into memory.

1820200-pov-cry.jpg

self-portrait? geez, that's eerie

Next week it will be someone else crying about something else and this conversation will fade into memory.

1820200-pov-cry.jpg

self-portrait? geez, that's eerie

Actually it IS my attempt at a self portrait. Someone posted it a couple of years ago and said I was whining so I added the white beard and made it more me.

This is just a reminder that while there is considerable lee-way on what's allowed in comics general, including the occasional OT post, we do need to keep a reasonable limit on non-comic related posts. This is less a carved in stone limit than a general feel for the % of OT content.

The water cooler is the appropriate place for general banter.

Thanks.

Arch

In my humble opinion general should be open to just about anything.It is a meeting place for friends who happen to collect comics.I have been to the water cooler twice and found no one I knew.

Dennis

This is just a reminder that while there is considerable lee-way on what's allowed in comics general, including the occasional OT post, we do need to keep a reasonable limit on non-comic related posts. This is less a carved in stone limit than a general feel for the % of OT content.

The water cooler is the appropriate place for general banter.

Thanks.

Arch

In my humble opinion general should be open to just about anything.It is a meeting place for friends who happen to collect comics.I have been to the water cooler twice and found no one I knew.

Dennis

poor excuse for OT in Comics General.

CAL (tsk)

Arch,

Most of us that participate on the CGC boards do not hang out in the water cooler, and therefore don't know the people who post there.

OT posts tend to be of a more personal nature, and are directed towards friends on the boards, not the strangers in the water cooler.

Could not have said that better :hi:

Arch,

Most of us that participate on the CGC boards do not hang out in the water cooler, and therefore don't know the people who post there.

OT posts tend to be of a more personal nature, and are directed towards friends on the boards, not the strangers in the water cooler.

bull

Arch,

If everyone on the CGC boards would actually go and start hanging out in the WC, instead of complaining about how they don't know anyone in the WC, then you would soon know everyone in the WC. :gossip:

And the weirdos would probably leave the WC because it wouldn't be their own private lunatic asylum anymore. :wishluck:

Arch,

If everyone on the CGC boards would actually go and start hanging out in the WC, instead of complaining about how they don't know anyone in the WC, then you would soon know everyone in the WC. :gossip:

And the weirdos would probably leave the WC because it wouldn't be their own private lunatic asylum anymore. :wishluck:

great post!

Matter-of-fact this post is too logical, too sense-making!

Thus it won't do any good with the mentality I seen tonight.

CAL :hi:

Edited by Calamerica

Although I appreciate some of the OT posts here, I think we just need to go ahead and "bite the bullet" and simply ban OT posts here. Subjectivity is bad enough...let's go ahead and make it a black and white rule.

good! another voice of reason instead of "spin"...

CAL :hi: