• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Koo- do sleeping.gif

to greggy for a sweet DC I've been looking for for over 3 years that he didn't sell to Khaos.

grin.gif

What. Book.

Tell me. What. Book.

I'm loading the gun and gassing the car, so you still have time to tell me and escape before I make my way to your house. mad.gif

Sorry, I ain't talking! 27_laughing.gif

Overdue Kudos for some forumites I've had the pleasure of working with over the last 2 months...

Ken (elbrujo) ** My first deal with Ken was a considerable one and went very smoothly. Ken's a serious collector who honors his word and keeps tight communications as well. I highly recommend working with him on deals both large and small. Should you be that fortunate, expect a very professional transaction with a courteous and passionate comic fan. Thanks Ken.

Chris Stoytchev (lordrahl) ** Another "first deal" with another cool forumite. Chris was kind enough to offer me a very nice bronze key that is now my new "keeper" (and will be very hard to dethrone). He was a pleasure to work with and I enjoyed the email correspondence as well. His packing was excellent too. I look forward to more deals... thanks Chris.

Joanna Sandsmark (joanna) ** Yet Another "first deal". I finally had the pleasure of working with the beloved "den mother" herself. I bought a couple of nice B/W photographs and received top notch service which is no surprise of course. Continued good fortune with your blossoming career Joanna.

(lighthouse)** Always a great experience and superior service which is stating the obvious. 'House is the forum "brick and mortar" legend offering up "comic shop deals" that are barely worth his while as you all must (should) realize. We're all very lucky he's a generous fellow and offers us these fantastic opportunities... not to mention all his entertaining experiences.

Bob (blazingbob) ** Kudos are hardly needed anymore. I bought a sweet SA FF that I was looking for (yes a SA key) and of course received the typical excellent service. Bob is also generous with his time and will always share his view and offer advice if asked. Thanks Bob

George (gman) ** ... a related Kudo to George for the thoughtful assist in helping me obtain said FF key from Bob. If not for the email from Gman, I would have missed out no doubt. G deserves a little credit for doing the little things to assist his fellow collectors that are probably overlooked at times because people view him only as a "Comic Ferenge". Thanks G

Dave Matteini (dam60) ** More of a "Thanks" to David for being thoughtful enough to take the time to record and send me (at his expense) a copy of "Comic Villains". "Whatta' guy"! Thanks a million Dave for thinking of me... I actually enjoyed the film too.

Chris Icamen (cicamen) ** Had the pleasure to work with Chris yet again. Always easy to work with and a pleasure to correspond with also. You can always count on quick payment and no problems. Thanks Chris

...and thanks ( hi.gif ) to those of you that have emailed offering a variety of positive vibes.

Had recent good dealings with:

1) Ninanina

2) Chrisco37

3) Silvermine

4) POV

5) cgcfan

and thanks dam60 again for bidding on another US auction for me! 893applaud-thumb.gif

1) Ninanina

2) Chrisco37

3) Silvermine

4) POV

5) cgcfan

and thanks dam60 again for bidding on another US auction for me! 893applaud-thumb.gif

TELL ME WHAT BOOK YOU [!@#%^&^]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!?! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!?!?!?!??!?!

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Tell me the book or I will invoke... HIM.

I will say the name that will summon the Pinhead Of Doom.

You have three minutes.

Fortunately for you, I have no idea what time it is nor will I look after this post has been posted, so you are in the clear until I say HIS name... the name that no one dares speak... the name that burns the tongue and chaps the lips... the name that crawls the skin and sears the brain... the name that strikes annoyance in the hearts of the most brilliant of men... the name of...

ABLUE.

1) Ninanina

2) Chrisco37

3) Silvermine

4) POV

5) cgcfan

TELL ME WHAT BOOK YOU [!@#%^&^]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!?! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!?!?!?!??!?!

You have three minutes.

Fortunately for you, I have no idea what time it is nor will I look after this post has been posted, so you are in the clear until I say HIS name... the name that no one dares speak... the name that burns the tongue and chaps the lips... the name that crawls the skin and sears the brain... the name that strikes annoyance in the hearts of the most brilliant of men... the name of...

ABLUE.

You don't even collect cool comics so what's the point? tongue.gif

1) Ninanina

2) Chrisco37

3) Silvermine

4) POV

5) cgcfan

You have three minutes.

ABLUE.

You don't even collect cool comics so what's the point? tongue.gif

This, from a DC lover??? Am I right, Marvel Zombies?? Huh? Huh? Am I right?

Ugh... I feel so dirty saying that... sorry.gif

1) Ninanina

2) Chrisco37

3) Silvermine

4) POV

5) cgcfan

Thanks Greg....i can't believe this was a first transaction...cough 'avengers 88" cough

Belated Kudos to:

Todd - the UBIQUITI-ous one! FOR A GORGEOUS DD7 - my highest graded copy of that book and asesome X-men books even a free Neal Adams cover! Todd has hooked me up, many a time over on this board buying and selling and trading, on and off eBay! It is always great dealing with CGC forum members and Todd here is among the tops! Total Class act all the way!

Den Mother Joanna! Great Sweet sweet DCs and sweet Sweet Xena cards and pics! Those B & W photos are absolutely the best. Thank you for the extras!!!

MR. Bill the WOOGIEMAN! for some AWESOME books for my ASM and X-men run! Accurately graded, packed superbly and threw in an extra silver ASM! What a guy! Glad to do business again, Bill...be glad to win from you again!

DICEX - whose package I had just opened - sent me a gorgeous Danger Girl 1 CGC 9.6 chromium (ironically replacing the one I just sold last weekend tongue.gif) Super fast shipping and easy to deal with! Glad I could buy this book from you! I think you may be the next in line afer Scottish for the Smokehouse pedigree designation smile.gif

Kudos to Joe_collector for a well packaged (egg-crate foam you use on your guest room mattress and a hard carton "sandwich"!) 35 cent Marvel Price variant deal sent from the wilds of Canada! Joe even sprung for Expresspost = USPS priority mail out of his own pocket to get it to me quicker! 7 days from Canada to Virginia! Thanks again from a fellow Price Variant collector and for the surprise 30 cent variant as well!

Recent Kudos:

greggy: my # 1 customer. Greg's a good guy to talk comics with. We met at a local con in Vancouver and completed (another) deal. As you all know, he loves his sweet, sweet DCs and romance books.

Rickdogg: quick to pay, no BS buyer.

joe_collector: sold him a small batch of high grade Bronze. We've done business before. A great guy to deal with, and to talk comics with.

zonker-dude: eBay transaction on a couple of comics which he BIN'd. Quick email replies & quick to pay!

drbanner: sold him a sharp looking VF Wonder Woman # 178 on eBay. I think he got a good deal. Quick to pay (and a good guy to buy comics from too).

Lantern: overdue kudos from last year. Sorry, I didn't know your forum id! Brian's an all around great guy to do business with. 2 thumbs up. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

osborn_france: just sold him a big batch of high grade Bronze DDs, MTUs, and TODs. All sharp looking NM- to NM copies. David has an excellent grasp of English considering it is not his first language, and he submitted lightning quick payments through PayPal. I love dealing with buyers outside of the US and Canada. Through my experiences, they are serious, no nonsense collectors.

metropolisent: picked up another high grade batch of comics from them including a couple of upgrades on some tough books. I've read some bad comments about Metropolis here, but they have been nothing but good to me. I had a problem last year with their grading on some of my orders at the time and Vinnie called me to rectify the situation. Everything has been excellent ever since. Problem solved. thumbsup2.gif

thanks to

osborn_france for sending me a few Bronze HOS, sharp grading, excellent packing, quick service and nice emails....what more can you ask for.

Joanna for giving me some free Silver and Bronze Age Legion of Superheroes books,just because I was fast enough to PM her...

pleasure dealing with both.

Hey, I just realised, all the above are DC-books.... 893whatthe.gif