• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

A very nice Kudos to October for three very nice Adams books to add to my collection. Well packaged, quickly shipped, perfect in every way.

:applause::applause::applause:

A huge thanks to jonjesper for the NM 98. (thumbs u

+1 lol

:gossip: rumor has it he hoards hundreds of copies of NM 98 in a secret treasure trove outside of Hoboken

:gossip: :gossip: rumor also has it that he will only bathe in Deadpool Brand Bubble Bath...for that oh so heavenly scent of gun oil mixed with baby powder

Kudos to:

SPIRIT_RADIO for taking a handful of slabs.

slabthistoo for giving a home to a lonely crime comic

synch and Crows for taking a few slabs to the Great White North

ss5rmp for buying a book with a card cover

and finally, to

Skynwalker for giving my autographed Star Wars poster a worthy and loving home.

Some timely kudos, some long overdue kudos (and an admission that the length of this missive is obnoxiously long)...

--dzminn for some stuff from a spring sales thread, including a sweet reader of TOS #41. :cloud9:

--mazman77 for a nice, low grade ASM #121 (and a separate order of a huge ASM reader lot that I still haven't sorted through--if there's missing pages and coupons, months down the road when I get a chance to look 'em over, I'll be at your door. :sumo::baiting:).

--Peter Palmer for a big lot of books too (received 'em but haven't gone through them--see above qualification :sumo:).

--frankbearss for a lot of 20 modern ASMs at a very reasonable price. :smile:

--bronzilla for allowing me my first experience with Fast Willie Jackson #1 and Ronald McDonald #1. :whee:

--FIREFLY for a GL #18 (modern, baby, modern) and for working with me through a snafu. :foryou:

--cd4ever for the normal junky batch, including a Fruitman Special #1. That's right, Fruitman Special. Whaddya want to start something? :shrug:

--JiveTurkeyMofo for a sweet ASM #441 slab that I just had to have since it marked that fateful issue when the re-numbering was about to commence. :frustrated:

-- Pontoon for DD #200 and a couple of latter-day Sgt. Rocks. :luhv:

--Comicsarefun for an ASM #121 at a nice price. :smile:

--CDaBruce for a batch of ASM slabs that are adding to my white page ASM slab collection (a very sparse one at the moment, I may add :whistle:).

--Spiderman-on-Tilt for some books, including an ASM #129 that I needed to complete a run of Spideys that I need to soon sell on the boards :insane: (#102-202--coming to a sales thread near you, by, hopefully, this weekend).

--Wrightson fan for a couple of books, including a Hulk #400--not too terribly long before that series also got the voodoo re-numbering number put on it. :sumo:

--dopy02 for doing something truly bizarre and quite charitable simultaneously: in celebration of his 1,000th post, he gave away 7 comics, including free shipping and an ASM #63, 88, and 188. Who does that kind of thing? These boards are a unique place. :whee::banana::whee::banana:

--annihilus for sending me that Power Record (yes, a 45 RPM vinyl bad boy for all those long enough in tooth to remember the day) that was ASM #124 revisited...and brought me back to when I was 6 years old and trotting it up to the 7-Eleven for an ASM comic and a Slurpee inside of a Marvel cup. :cloud9: Also, annihilus tossed in another Power Record Spidey on the house. :hail:

--shark for sending on an ASM #110 and LoneTree for sending on an ASM #179, so that I could add them to the #129 that Spiderman-on-Tilt sent on so that I could have the #102-202 set to soon sell here. :screwy:

--Chuck Gower for a triple shot of Millenium Edition madness--I now have copies to read of Action Comics #1, Detective Comics #27, and Batman #1--not to mention the Superman 3-D book tossed in as a freebie. :banana:

--BustedFlush for a copy of The Comic Book Marketplace #2, where I could read about the 20-year anniversary of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide (are we at 40 now?! :whatthe:) and an article on the Edgar Church / Mile High pedigree (has Chuck sold his remaining Mile Highs for 1 million yet? :insane:).

And, if I missed anyone, chime in and show your face so I can give appropriate kudos. :headbang:

Edited by cloudofwit

:cry:

And Jerel too! :sorry::foryou:

:gossip: Now I know my overdue kudos go back farther than I thought. :frown:

How could I forget a fella who includes in his sales threads pics of himself with his books in the soil of the earth. :headbang: