• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun #67 on Ebay...

333 posts in this topic

in the original auction, it was stated that the books were wrapped in newspaper and "rolled" up and put in a coffee can (I believe)....so, likely not rolled so tight to really crease....

gator

Also in the orignal auction for three books, he indicated he would not end the auction early. So, what did he do? Ended the auction early and listed them individually. hm

I took a run at the HT #12, but showcase4 obliterated my bid $2400 bid. My bid didnt even register because by the time I bid with about 5 seconds left, it had already shot way past that. The small amount of rat chew on the bottom right and the possible moisture damage at the top made me scared to pay more than 5.0 price. But the colors and gloss on that book are second to none!

Congrats on the books showcase, I cant wait to see what they look like after pressing and what they eventually grade from CGC.

Oh, and since you won the two big ticket books, you should see if he'll throw in the original coffee can!

mike

Hey Steve, did you ask about, or see more scans of that LLC? Was curious as to how much damage it incurred when it was jammed into the can.

The HT on the other hand looks like it was to the inside of this book in the can(?) and is a real stunner.

Look forward to seeing them.

Ze-

Not really sure why you would pay high on the MF 67. With the chewed off lower left corner the book, even properly pressed out won't grade higher than a 4.0 or so. Add in the costs of pressing and slabbing, and you could have gotten an untouched copy in higher grade for less.

Not really sure why you would pay high on the MF 67. With the chewed off lower left corner the book, even properly pressed out won't grade higher than a 4.0 or so. Add in the costs of pressing and slabbing, and you could have gotten an untouched copy in higher grade for less.

OK.....please list the sellers info./ads for the More Fun 67's that are available right now in better than VG unrestored condition for less than $2k....... :popcorn:

Steve

OK.....please list the sellers info./ads for the More Fun 67's that are available right now in better than VG unrestored condition for less than $2k....... :popcorn:

Steve

That's not the point. More Fun 67 isn't a tough book to come by, and whether or not it is available at this moment is irrelevant. If you were jonesing bad for a copy and had to have one now, then more power to you. If, on the other hand, you are planning on having the book steamrolled, slabbed and then sold at a profit, I believe you are going to be disappointed.

Steve

That's not the point. More Fun 67 isn't a tough book to come by, and whether or not it is available at this moment is irrelevant. If you were jonesing bad for a copy and had to have one now, then more power to you. If, on the other hand, you are planning on having the book steamrolled, slabbed and then sold at a profit, I believe you are going to be disappointed.

....I will be able to sell this book in my sleep once pressed and graded for more than I have in it ;)

Once you press it, the color will break on every page of the book. Particularly on each of the humps.

that is what concerned me, and why I did not bid on it ( I think a vg copy would sell for $2500 easily)....I just bought a vg/fn copy from Marnin, and it is the only 67 I have seen for sale since last year (I just completed my more fun run, and it is a tough overall run to piece together)....it is quite a scarce book in general (easier than many Spectre MF's, of course), but in terms of more than 2 or 3 copies coming for sale in a year, I have not seen it?...getting a MF 67 is a great pick up (even in 2.0!), but I do think CComix is right (though I hope for Steve's sake we are wrong, as Jeffreykli states), and that there are going to be some visual/structural problems (I didn't ask matt though if he thought it could be pressed out, so maybe steve did)...

keep us posted!

gator

Once you press it, the color will break on every page of the book. Particularly on each of the humps.

There is not a hard CBC on this book, exterior, or interior. The book is only "rounded"

If no ink is broken on the bends(which there isn't), then no ink will be broken during any restoration process, or by pressing alone. The spine is of more concern(not the LLC corner mind you, but the spine crack itself)

The cover and pages of this book are in fantastic overall condition. I would love to work on this book personally because of the quality of the paper itself. The book is worth saving, now as to what dollar value it will net. Time will tell, but I can see the allure in wanting these books.

Ze-

Whew...those books really shot up in price since I last looked at them..the MF will actually press to a pretty decent grade but the Human Torch book is the real gem...check out the pic that the seller sent me...especially look at the near flawless spine... (thumbs u

th_IMG_0771.jpg

Here is the More Fun book...

th_IMG_0769.jpg