• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hot books at SDCC

18 posts in this topic

I was not able to attend and was wondering what some of the "hotter" books were. And we haven't had a lot of information....I need my fix!! :insane: The books can be from any era, gold, silver, copper, modern. Maybe a few dealers could post about some suprise sales. I read a post where someone stated that there was a bunch of modern drek going for $25+. What drek was it?

Seriously, it would be nice to know what was or was not moving in SD. Anybody care to share some info?

At Wondercon Marvel Spotlight 5 was the hot book of the weekend due to the Ghost Rider movie. Was there a book in SD that everybody seemed to be asking for? FF 48? ASM 300? Others? (shrug)

Were there books that people thought would be hot that didn't get a look?

Enquiring minds want to know! hm

My brother was looking for a copy of the watchmen tpb so i was asking sellers if they had them and none were found, most said the few they had were gone. One seller said atleast fiffty people asked him if he had that book. :tonofbricks:

We ended up finding one copy over at the mall book store. :applause:

So i`m not sure but i figure if the tpb was hunted the comics were being seeked out too. 2c

Re: Watchmen

What is it on, it's umpteenth printing?

If demand is this great it's simply back to the printers ad infinitum.

That's what keeps the prices down.

TPB's will be the death of the back issue market. I predict.

I'm speculating on pamphlet's that won't be reprinted. And if so, only once and a short run, at that.

My brother was looking for a copy of the watchmen tpb so i was asking sellers if they had them and none were found, most said the few they had were gone. One seller said atleast fiffty people asked him if he had that book. :tonofbricks:

We ended up finding one copy over at the mall book store. :applause:

So i`m not sure but i figure if the tpb was hunted the comics were being seeked out too. 2c

TPB's will be the death of the back issue market. I predict.

I'm speculating on pamphlet's that won't be reprinted. And if so, only once and a short run, at that.

Yeah, let's hope they never reprint Action #1, Tec27 or AF #15

Re: Watchmen

What is it on, it's umpteenth printing?

If demand is this great it's simply back to the printers ad infinitum.

I suspect that the demand was great because of the Watchmen presentation at the Warner Brothers panel, and the very cool Watchmen movie poster that was given out to those that attended.