• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

Looking at the Sensation completed auctions I see a very nice cgc4.5 Sensation 103. Then I see that our own skypinkblu nabbed it. :frustrated:

I have cut back spending until my project is up and running. Hopefully I can open the wallet up early next year as I have passed up on too many WWs. They are appearing more than usual on the bay lately.

Looking at the Sensation completed auctions I see a very nice cgc4.5 Sensation 103. Then I see that our own skypinkblu nabbed it. :frustrated:

I have cut back spending until my project is up and running. Hopefully I can open the wallet up early next year as I have passed up on too many WWs. They are appearing more than usual on the bay lately.

hey BB....

1)I thank you for passing, been helping me out a lot!

2)Sharon was kind enough to spot that book and nab it for me, so again, my WW collecting owes her a debt of gratitude!

gator

Also, let me get your opinion.

You have completed runs of Superman, Batman and I believe even some Timely runs. Is completing the WW and Sensation runs easier, harder or the same. Finding them in grade?

Just curious as WW and Sensation are the only goldenage runs I would like to complete. Is my quest difficult or as easy as other ones.

That is one tough book in any presentable shape. Should you ever sell........

Sorry ;) but I have first DIBS...I was doing him a favor, lol..but if Rick sells that book, I'm first in line:)I HOPE;) :banana:

Sharon, you and Rick are just lucky I didn't nab that book the second I saw it listed :makepoint: I had just won like 4 WW's so I passed because I didn't have the funds

......wait...... I mean I passed so you could get it for rick......yeah thats what I meant ;)

That is one tough book in any presentable shape. Should you ever sell........

Sorry ;) but I have first DIBS...I was doing him a favor, lol..but if Rick sells that book, I'm first in line:)I HOPE;) :banana:

Sharon, you and Rick are just lucky I didn't nab that book the second I saw it listed :makepoint: I had just won like 4 WW's so I passed because I didn't have the funds

......wait...... I mean I passed so you could get it for rick......yeah thats what I meant ;)

You just WON one, lol...and mine is only a good...but I owed him a favor...You two are too funny, I'm always happy to shop for people, just send me your credit card numbers...;) :cloud9:

Also, let me get your opinion.

You have completed runs of Superman, Batman and I believe even some Timely runs. Is completing the WW and Sensation runs easier, harder or the same. Finding them in grade?

Just curious as WW and Sensation are the only goldenage runs I would like to complete. Is my quest difficult or as easy as other ones.

yo BB...

you are correct...I have completed runs of Action (1-100), Batman (1-100 and 1-103), Detective (27-101)...just completed the Timely MMC 2-92 (with a marvel 1 as good measure) and I am 9 books from finishing Captain America 1-75....in each case, I have completed the runs in 1 year or less....having said that, I have been collecting WW 1-84 for almost 2 years and still need 1 issue!!!! never seen it for sale....and, I did just start Sensations 3 months ago, and have about 70 of the 106 issues or so...but, there are at least 15 Sens issues that I know NOT where a copy is for sale (unlike the Batmans or Detective or Caps, etc)...

so, by comparison, the runs are much tougher, at least for me

rick

I have completed runs of Action (1-100), Batman (1-100 and 1-103), Detective (27-101)...just completed the Timely MMC 2-92 (with a marvel 1 as good measure) and I am 9 books from finishing Captain America 1-75....in each case, I have completed the runs in 1 year or less ....having said that, I have been collecting WW 1-84 for almost 2 years and still need 1 issue!!!! never seen it for sale....and, I did just start Sensations 3 months ago, and have about 70 of the 106 issues or so. ..rick

gator old bean, stuff like this makes me want to throw in the towel.... :sorry:

And a few more...

Strutting her stuff

wwnewfront3.jpg

Carousing with Supernan

wwnewfront4.jpg

Now that is an amazon!

wwnewfront2.jpg

Is this a preview of what the movie version of Wonder Woman will look like?

Edited by Bob-a-loo

I love WW in Darwyn Cooke's NEW FRONTIER. Its refreshing to see Diana with a full figure (ie big cans & fat arse) rather than that tall skinny thing running around in her title today!

Bill

Edited by AtlasFan

I totally agree - a much more "realistic" portrayal of Wonder Woman (In the New Frontier saga) and she is mortally wounded, bleeding to death in the cockpit of the invisible plane which she crashes into power lines. It's a pretty amazing sequence.