• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

I think the LCS had one of these at one time but it was in poor condition.

filler?

lmk

rick

It is gone. Owner thought he had that issue as well. Sorry

He did have a very sweet WW 49. Back cover is an 8.0 but front is vg/f. Priced at $100. I may pick it up.

Congratulations! Those are all excellent examples of Peters art on WW. :applause:

Congratulations, skypinkblu! I did some research on H.G. Peter OA a while back and know that it is extremely rare. It is really remarkable to see 4 pieces together like this. Did they come from a long time collector or is there a story behind this find?

Congratulations, skypinkblu! I did some research on H.G. Peter OA a while back and know that it is extremely rare. It is really remarkable to see 4 pieces together like this. Did they come from a long time collector or is there a story behind this find?

Thank you everyone:)

TH, I bid on a few of these strips about 5 or 6 years ago, the only time I ever saw them, and they went for over $350 for each strip. I got outbid on another set last night, but I actually preferred these, I thought there was more action, so I had planned to just go higher on them. They ARE extremely rare, I have quite a bit of original art (well, probably not compared to people here) but there was a time I haunted the listings, and the conventions and never saw any of his work, except for those years ago. I have to call to pay for it later, I'll ask the history.

One of my favorite Wonder Woman covers is #41, but I haven't seen one posted on the boards. Does anyone own one?

This one?

ww410001.jpg

:cloud9:

One of my fav's as well!

Nice copy Sky :applause:

Seriously and no offense intended, but I'm surprised that anyone would pick an action-free Novick WW cover as a favorite, with so many quirky Peter and Andru covers to choose from (although Novick covers certainly trump all the future Buckler/Colletta, Chan (Chua) and Estrada monstrosities.)

Why is this a favorite? Harbinger of the late Golden Age/ Atomic Age mixed genre books? The tension of the guy behind the door? Imagining WW as a hard-boiled gumshoe?

Jack

One of my favorite Wonder Woman covers is #41, but I haven't seen one posted on the boards. Does anyone own one?

This one?

ww410001.jpg

One of my fav's as well!

Seriously and no offense intended, but I'm surprised that anyone would pick an action-free Novick WW cover as a favorite, with so many quirky Peter and Andru covers to choose from (although Novick covers certainly trump all the future Buckler/Colletta, Chan (Chua) and Estrada monstrosities.)

Why is this a favorite? Harbinger of the late Golden Age/ Atomic Age mixed genre books? The tension of the guy behind the door? Imagining WW as a hard-boiled gumshoe?

Jack

Maybe it is how beautifully drawn WW is?

Jack

Maybe it is how beautifully drawn WW is?

Could be -- the very clean, almost minimalist style?

Now we're down to differing in taste. Personally, I prefer Peter's baroque style or Andru's sharp update over Novick's version. Probably I'll have to duck rotten pomegranates if I admit here that I like Bolland's sexy muscle woman Copper Age (?) WW more than Andru's take -- but I don't know what's inside of those covers.

Jack

This one?

ww410001.jpg

One of my fav's as well!

Jack

It has a very Creig Flessel pre hero tec feel to it!

That's the main reason I love it! :cloud9:

Jack

There's a straightforward reason.

Thanks,

Jack

I agree with Jack on this one, I prefer the Peter WW to Novick's, which to me looks too much like a stylized glamour girl on the cover of a romance comic book. Not that it matters to anyone, but I do like where this new rendition is headed, with a more muscular "amazon-like" Wonder Woman. She looks like she can really kick butt...

wwnewfront.jpg

Exactly. Very crime noir with the shadowy figure just on the other side of the door. And I like the way Wonder Woman is drawn. Plus I just like yellow GA DC covers. This cover is right up there with All Star 57 as my favorite non-Batman covers from the Golden Age.

Thanks for posting it, Sharon. (thumbs u

Jack

There's a straightforward reason.

Thanks,

Jack

(thumbs u

I do love the unique Peter covers as well!

....and I better see no jokes about the above statement :makepoint: