• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

That was a nice looking book and White pages no less! Congrats!

I know I've said this many times but I do think WW is going to make a mammoth correction on the day the character finally gets the respect she deserves.

I totally agree that she is a hugely important milestone in comics and someday the title will be up there with the big boys.

I totally agree, that's why I'm trying to get all 3 GA keys. I think once WB finally do gets some balls and do a big budget movie for her, these books will be unattainable in most cases. hm

I was tempted to buy the SC #1 also, but I want at least OW pages for my books. I couldn't see paying $9K for it, $7.5K was my tops. I'll have to be patient and wait for another one to pop up. :wishluck:

Edited by jaja-mon12

I thinks WW keys are already making a correction in price. I've been after an All-Star 8 for about 3 years now, and keep watching it slip out of my reach. Heck, I can't even find any for sale anymore regardless the price. Someone is hoarding...

Yeah, I've noticed that also. That's why I'm trying to scoop mine up now before they really get ridiculous!!! :frustrated:

I thinks WW keys are already making a correction in price. I've been after an All-Star 8 for about 3 years now, and keep watching it slip out of my reach. Heck, I can't even find any for sale anymore regardless the price. Someone is hoarding...

The Gator usually has one for sale, and I'm sure he would work with you on terms if needed

Well I've always liked this cover when I first saw it in the Gerber.

I figure I'm not going to get much better. Its glossy with really nice colors.

(Added back cover)

WW82_zps08599fa4.jpg

WW82back_zps6f9657ca.jpg

Edited by Rip

WW82_zps08599fa4.jpg

The colors on that book just pop. I'll have to find mine and then we can compare but I don't think mine is as nice as yours!! (worship)

The Gator usually has one for sale, and I'm sure he would work with you on terms if needed

That's good advice! He is the authority on Wonder Woman (and all things GA) and the founder of this club.

Many of my WWs have come from or through Rick. He's the man (thumbs u

I recently re complete my ww ga collection (1-80)

It is tough to keep complete because folks keep trying (sometimes successfully) to pry issues from the run lol

WW82_zps08599fa4.jpg

The colors on that book just pop. I'll have to find mine and then we can compare but I don't think mine is as nice as yours!! (worship)

Yes, here's mine by comparison:

WonderWoman82.jpg

Tough book & a cool one! :applause:

Check out this groovy funny book... :cloud9:

sensation94.jpg

Indeed!

And historic as well. For anyone who saw that documentary on PBS that explained why comic heroines changed from strong self-sufficient women to more feminine, albeit somewhat more dependent women (like the one portrayed on this cover being carried over a brook by a baby-faced but strong Steve Trevor). Women were doing some of the jobs that men did when the war was on. After the war, the soldiers came home and so did the women. And so the comics followed suit and romance, marriage and starting a family became the theme . . . and so Wonder Woman was put into service getting this message out to young girls. It happened to Superman (with many Lois Lane romance covers) and Batman as well (he marries Batwoman on one cover). The documentary goes on to track the others changes the character underwent, losing her powers, winding up on the cover of the first Ms. Magazine (and becoming an icon of feminism at the same time) and the uproar that caused (Steinem lobbied DC to restore Wonder Woman's powers and independance) and a lot more. And what was with all those covers with WW crying. Superheroes don't cry?

But yes that is a VERY groovy covers in what is amazing shape considering how many of them probably were bought by little girls who read them to peices and threw them into their hope-chests. :blahblah: