• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My White Mountain Quest

570 posts in this topic

I guess you haven't seen my new Rants and Raves on Managing expectations in the comic business lol

Bob, just read your Rants & Raves, as always very entertaining and insightful.

- I'll keep in mind the bathroom break/coffee comment next time I see you at a convention.

- It is sad but true that I, as a buyer, often assume there must be something wrong with a nice raw book on a dealer's wall. Unfortunately, while it may not be true with you, it happens.

- I am guilty of buying something from you on E-Bay with a Make an Offer instead of contacting you directly. Shame on me, I'm glad you mentioned it.

I regret seeing my AF #15 9.2 in an auction. Should I have started a thread that when I sold it I assumed that I could buy it back?

What if the buyer told you he'd give you first dibs if he/she ever decided to sell...how would you feel then???

This is nothing new here on the boards. People ask. People promise. People forget. True favors don't come with strings attached anyways.

The biggest problem with selling a book is that one no longer has a controlling interest in its destiny. Furthermore, when one PMs the supposed interested party, nine times out of ten, they have already purchased a copy of said book, act like they are doing you a favor by purchasing it back or aren't in a financial position to purchase at all. Such is life and I have come to terms with it.

Guest Grails

Hopefully Jim doesn't mind a slight title change as this thread should stay alive. Its filled with amazing examples from the pedigree and hopefully many more will be contributed here.

Hopefully Jim doesn't mind a slight title change as this thread should stay alive. Its filled with amazing examples from the pedigree and hopefully many more will be contributed here.

Great idea Charles!

Here are my books.

JourneyIntoMystery90CGC8_0WhiteMoun.jpg

JourneyIntoMystery91CGC9_2owWhiteMo.jpg

Got it off of Heritage a while back.

Was that yours?

Pages look snow white and without that tiny chip the book would be a 9.2/9.4

:cloud9:

Great idea Charles!

Here are my books.

JourneyIntoMystery90CGC8_0WhiteMoun.jpg

JourneyIntoMystery91CGC9_2owWhiteMo.jpg

Fantastic books Roy, love the cover of issue #90.

ST74.jpg

This copy is breath taking, what a beauty.

Yes indeed. The orange HUNDU on a dark brown background really pops out at ya! These early pre-hero Strange Tales (70-79) are some of the best examples of pre-hero art and stories!